Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN DARES YOU- Adventure Race 2012

Options
  • 16-04-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,

DARE is finally live and taking entries! This year promises to be a cracker with so much going on in Dublin on the same weekend!

DARE - Dublin's Urban Adventure Race is set to take place for the second year running on Saturday the 25th of August 2012. The event is a one of a kind in Ireland and showcases the city as a sporting mecca as participants bike, kayak and orienteer around the city's most famous landmarks before completing a thrilling abseil from the roof of the Aviva Stadium! The event caters for hardened racers and newcomers alike with an Expert course, a shorter Sports course and the "Adrenaline Hunt" where participants can complete just the hugely popular orienteering section topped off with the abseil.
    One of the most popular races on the adventure race calendar last year, the return of DARE has been keenly awaited. We encourage teams of friends, relatives and corporate teams to get out and take on Dublin and see it in a way you never have before. You will have to use your brain as well as brawn for your team to emerge victorious!!

Dublin awaits! This years event coincides with the Tall Ships Weekend meaning there is more than one reason to visit the capital and make a unique weekend of it!

DARE supports the ISPCC Childline

For further details and registration visit www.dublindaresyou.com

Last year's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

This sounds fun but not sure I would be able for it. I'd never even heard of adventure races before - how do they work, are there time limits to complete each section? The boot camp thing sounds scary. Is the running bit going around town on the "treasure hunt" or is there a separate running part?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ezikel

gnu wrote: »
    This sounds fun but not sure I would be able for it. I'd never even heard of adventure races before - how do they work, are there time limits to complete each section? The boot camp thing sounds scary. Is the running bit going around town on the "treasure hunt" or is there a separate running part?

Hi gnu,

Fun is the name of the game here. The course is designed so you can complete what you can and still get a ranking. The orienteering bit is the running, you will have a certain time limit to collect as many points as possible. Last year we had points at places of historical interest/museums etc. adventure tourism! People were stunned at how much of Dublin they discovered in this race.
    Boot camp assault course was deemed "too kind" last year. This year they have promised to up the ante!
    If you don't feel like biking or kayaking, the adrenaline hunt, combining the orienteering and the big abseil is a good days adventure in itself and all you have to do is turn up- no equipment necessary.

If anyone wants to try to win some cheap entries we have set up a competition for you. The comp is in line with the cryptic clues that we will have on the course instead of boring old dibbers!! We will work your brain as well as your body!!

http://dublindaresyou.com/competition

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Hmmmm... just found out about this today and it looks like fun - but it's the same day as I was planning to have my stag party!!

Is the average completion time for the "Sport" race really 6 hours? I'd love to do it but would need to be finished around 2pm - presume that's not very likely (for someone of medium fitness) given that it starts at 11am...

Hi all,

Dare has been moved to saturday October 13th from the original August 25th date.

This is an easier time in the calendar and there is less going on in Dublin on that particular date which gives the event a lot more freedom.

Hope you will be able to make the new date! For info contact us on info@dublindaresyou.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement