Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine power switch

• 16-04-2012 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Having problems with my washing machine.. I opened it up and there seems to be a short in the power switch... I want to replace it... Below is a picture of the switch..

16042012653.jpg

16042012652.jpg

Where would I get replacements for these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It looks like the connector might be the problem not the swtich, based on that pic anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Looks like you have a condensation problem, dry out the interior of the machine and the interlock with a hairdryer, you may need to replace the lock......... www.quinnspares.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It looks like the connector might be the problem not the swtich, based on that pic anyway.

Sorry that's what I meant.. The inner part of the bottom section is also melted through.. so I need both bits.. Half thinking of just buying a cheap second hand washing machine...

Wonder is there any way that I could temp hook up another type of switch to connect them to see if that is the only issue.. ? I have the manual for it, a Zanussi 1197W, but it doesnt show the wiring..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sorry that's what I meant.. The inner part of the bottom section is also melted through.. so I need both bits.. Half thinking of just buying a cheap second hand washing machine...

Wonder is there any way that I could temp hook up another type of switch to connect them to see if that is the only issue.. ? I have the manual for it, a Zanussi 1197W, but it doesnt show the wiring..

Yea looks like some sort of lumberg IDC connector.

You might get away with swapping it over to spade terminals, but you'd need to make sure they are a tight fit and put plenty of shrink wrap on them.

Advertisement