Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patio query

Options
  • 16-04-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I have a liscannor slate patio laid down yrs ago. We have allowed weeds to develop around all the individual slates, just down to no time really to look after it....I think it needs a big job now, ie removing all the dirt and weeds and then putting down new cement (?) between the slates.
    My question is a pretty simple one, what time of the year should I get this job done, or does it matter? ie should I wait until winter so there is no more growth?
    thanks in advance!
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It would seem more logical to get it done in summer when the weeds are growing so that they can be treated and the roots killed. If you leave it till the winter they will just be dormant and will come up again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thats great feedback, didnt think of that....thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Don't use sand & cement for the joints, there's an air activated dry latex product that you can brush into the joints, available in builders providers, lasts for ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

aujopimur wrote: »
    Don't use sand & cement for the joints, there's an air activated dry latex product that you can brush into the joints, available in builders providers, lasts for ever.

+1 to this.

Great product and no mess at all.:D

Advertisement