Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Dre Coachella Performances

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The 'hologram' cost at least $100,000 so I'm not sure if it would be economically possible to do a tour. If they did then I'm sure the prices would be quite expensive.

I'd say it cost way more than $100k. I'd imagine the money mentioned was to do with the design, development, actions, voice and overall creation of the hologram..if it's all done and Dre has it now could it not be projected again and again?

well im happy, a mega tour is being discussed now so if it does well in the states which it will then there's a good chance of it hitting europe like WTT.

Tour won't happen. Only way it will is if Dre releases Detox which is now looking more unlikely than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Tour won't happen. Only way it will is if Dre releases Detox which is now looking more unlikely than ever.

the same was said about WTT hitting europe with jigga and the bambino, have faith my friend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'd say it cost way more than $100k. I'd imagine the money mentioned was to do with the design, development, actions, voice and overall creation of the hologram..if it's all done and Dre has it now could it not be projected again and again?

Well the estimate was between $100 and $400k. I went for the lower end of the scale. I saw one guy on Facebook saying it was 10 million, but I think the 100-400k figure is more realistic.

I presume it could be used again and again. As long as they have the glass and the projector I'm sure they're fine.

If they were going to use it on a tour then they'd have to go and create a whole other 'hologram'. It's been seen by nearly 10 million people in one day over a series of different videos. It'd be pretty stupid of them in my opinion to use that same performance from Pac.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Kanye West and Tupac

What are you on about Kanye? Tupac was in Star Wars as well and he was a better hologram.

7087237065_d873c13e01_b.jpg

tupacs-hologram-in-star-wars.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

http://themetapicture.com/
    xrt9t.jpg

True. Add to this he still releases albums better than most rappers too.

the same was said about WTT hitting europe with jigga and the bambino, have faith my friend :D

At most I'd say they'd do a handful of shows in the US and probably won't even consider Europe. Dre said he was taking a break from music altogether, no album release date in sight and in fairness he's getting old, pushing 50 and touring the US and Europe is just something that won't happen with Dre. Em hasn't got an album coming any time soon and really doesn't look fit to go on a world tour. Kendrick and Wiz are touring together in a few months.

Maybe Snoop and 50 could do it...

Have you seen Dre recently?
    He is pushing 50, he is in better shape than most people half his age.

If he wanted to tour Europe he could and would. That said I don't think he will bother unless he wants to see more of Europe.

Chuck D is 51 and toured last year to SA.

Have you seen Dre recently?
    He is pushing 50, he is in better shape than most people half his age.

If he wanted to tour Europe he could and would. That said I don't think he will bother unless he wants to see more of Europe.

Chuck D is 51 and toured last year to SA.

Has Dre ever toured Europe in his 25+ year career?

He's not about to start.

Has Dre ever toured Europe in his 25+ year career?

He's not about to start.

No, he has not done a lot of things. He might start but he it is very unlikely unless he wants to see Europe and tour.

• Advertisement

No, he has not done a lot of things. He might start but he it is very unlikely unless he wants to see Europe and tour.

He spends all his time in the studio. If I had to guess I'd think that he wouldn't be comfortable travelling from country to country for a month without being able to get in his comfort zone in the studio. Dre's not the type that would be happy with a laptop and an MPC on a tour bus/hotel room, he needs to be in the studio.

He's recently said that he's going to take a break from music altogether to spend more time with his family. That itself is very ambitious for Dre IMO, I don't think it'll be long before he gives in and goes back to work.

The only way Dre is going to see Europe is if he takes a vacation with his wife and kids. He won't be coming here on a Tour bus with Snoop and Eminem.

The only way Dre is going to see Europe is if he takes a vacation with his wife and kids. He won't be coming here on a Tour bus with Snoop and Eminem.

I agree the chances are very slim.

But if Dre did come he would be on private jets, private hotel rooms or in the houses of top Producers or DJs all over Europe.

He would not be squashed up with Em in a campervan and locked away with a few bits and pieces in a hotel room.

That said if I had to bet on it I would bet on him not going anywhere outside America (possibly Canada too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Could really only see him doing a residency the way Prince, MJ and all the super duper stars do. Rent a mansion and do for example week of shows in on arena instead of going all over the place. Make the fans come to him.

Like someone already said hes never been a touring guy before, doubt hes gonna start now. Touring for most rappers is out of necessity and how they make most of their money. Its not something Dre needs to do.

At most I'd say they'd do a handful of shows in the US and probably won't even consider Europe. Dre said he was taking a break from music altogether, no album release date in sight and in fairness he's getting old, pushing 50 and touring the US and Europe is just something that won't happen with Dre. Em hasn't got an album coming any time soon and really doesn't look fit to go on a world tour. Kendrick and Wiz are touring together in a few months.

Maybe Snoop and 50 could do it...

i know what your saying and all the common sense in the world indicates it wont happen but i honestly have a strange feeling cochella was the start of something. I even heard them talking about it on today fm earlier about how there's negotiations going on already about a possible world tour. I think people are underestimating the actual success of cochella and the 2pac hologram! it is actually ground breaking, i know the gorillas do it etc but this is 2pac!.

if this goes even nationwide in america, it has a very good possibility of totally out clipsing up in smoke no matter what the line up, dr dre and snoop with this 2pac hologram alone will sell out everywhere if this happens a worldwide tour with the possible edition of eminem,50 and lamar could possibly be the biggest hip hop tour in history.

dont worry about their schedules, if this concert tour goes ahead all rappers will be more than looked after, they'l make more money of this tour than any other venture they have lined up.

dre talks to tmz about the hologram and how he's thinking about the tour!

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/dr-dre-says-he-would-love-to-see-someone-do-jimi-hendrix-marvin

He is bigger than his bodyguard….

Dre is a pro. He kills the rumours of the tour in one sentence and then 5 seconds later he says that it might yet still happen. Covers his back if anything does or does not happen.

who is thiss odd future fella jumping around like an idiot, would love to smack him.

bit of a behind the scenes video of coachella from 50s site, video mainly 50 obviously.

Advertisement