Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Banking

Options
  • 16-04-2012 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

The night before Good Friday I went to do an important online transfer from my business account (set to transfer on Good Friday) to another account, which happened to be in the same Branch.
    The system basically told me that Good Friday wasnt a working day so it wouldnt allow me to do it until the following Tuesday.

It also wouldnt allow me to do it at that time, 8pm on the Thursday night, because it had gone past 5pm.

On Good Friday, I logged into my personal account and made the transfer.
    So basically as a business user I wasnt allowed to transfer the money but as a personal user I was.

I have 2 questions:

1) can BOI explain why business banking shuts down in this way?
    2) can BOI explain why online business banking shuts down every day at 5pm when I can carry out a transfer from my personal account with no issues.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Retailer,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm currently checking on this for you with our Business On Line team and I should have an answer for you shortly.

Thanks again
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Retailer,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. What you have pointed out is correct. Unfortunately, it is down to how the Business On Line and Banking365 systems were originally designed. Business On Line and Banking365 are completely separate to each other and would have different operating procedures.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused. We do our best to alert our Business On Line customers to upcoming non-processing dates by messages posted on the Business On Line homepage and through "diary" messages within the application itself. I have also passed on your feedback to the relevant department.

If there's anything else I can do for you just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

Thanks Pat.
    Much appreciated

Advertisement