Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap tuxedo in town.

Options
  • 16-04-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Need to buy a tuxedo this week, just wondering where people would recommend getting one. Ideally it would be good quality but my budget is 150 euro max, cheaper if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There's a reasonably priced tuxedos for hire in Stillorgan, off the dual carriage way, can't remember exact name of place.... think they do them for sale as well though... if I remember, I'll edit my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Cheers for your response but I'm looking for a place closer to the city centre and would rather buy a tux than rent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

bm1993 wrote: »
    Need to buy a tuxedo this week, just wondering where people would recommend getting one. Ideally it would be good quality but my budget is 150 euro max, cheaper if possible.

Marks & Spencer do pretty reasonably priced tuxedos.

Also try The Suit & Tux Warehouse just off of South Anne Street. I bought one there 2 years ago and remember it being in and around the €150 mark.

It's worth having a quick look in TK Maxx. It can be hit and miss but you might be lucky. Also as said, M&S are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Would Burton have something that would suit? This perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Charity shops - you'd be surprised what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Marks & Spencer do pretty reasonably priced tuxedos.

+1

This is probably what you're looking for: Single Breasted 2 Button Dinner Suit (strictly speaking, I don't think it's an actual 'tuxedo', but it's probably what you mean. That and the shirt etc should work our around €100.

Be sure and get in soon. I imagine a lot of them will be sold out soon with the Trinity Ball on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Go in to Blacktie and ask about an ex rental suit. I think you will get a good deal.

Advertisement