Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify subscription (irish user)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The key to getting Spotify in the meantime is getting a verified US PayPal account

Once you get a premium account you're in no matter what ip address you have

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cymbaline wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be any more progress on making Spotify available to Ireland :( I hate how we get left behind any time any new technological goodies like this come along.

yes i've been waiting impatiently for the last few months now.

tumblr_m8pxk5aBnt1qzyegho2_500.jpg
    keith_d99 wrote: »
    The key to getting Spotify in the meantime is getting a verified US PayPal account

Once you get a premium account you're in no matter what ip address you have

I need a US credit card for a US paypal account right? A UK account should do it too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

quarryman wrote: »
    I need a US credit card for a US paypal account right? A UK account should do it too right?

Not at all - you just need to enter a US billing address. I used my own credit card (billing address is Ireland) - with a friend's US address and all has worked fine.

It has to be a verified US paypal account though - that is the tricky bit. Do some searching on how to verify a US paypal account. If you manage that you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SgtBilko

Got alerted to this thread earlier today.

Clicked 'Upgrade' button at top right of Spotify main page. I've done this from time to time since I lost my coveted Premium status several months ago (credit card expired in March, wouldn't allow me to update with new expiry date) but could go no further...only credit card would do, but not an Irish one.

Anyway, today for the first time there was a PayPal option, and it worked!!!. I have a regular verified Paypal account (Euros, Irish B o I Mastercard). My Spotify account profile shows I'm back where I belong...Premium!!!

Have updated mobile Spotify app (Have to use sis's UK iTunes Store account to do so, since app not on Irish iTunes Store), and everything is working as it should (especially offline playlists).

Chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

SgtBilko wrote: »

Clicked 'Upgrade' button at top right of Spotify main page. I've done this from time to time since I lost my coveted Premium status several months ago (credit card expired in March, wouldn't allow me to update with new expiry date) but could go no further...only credit card would do, but not an Irish one.

Anyway, today for the first time there was a PayPal option, and it worked!!!. I have a regular verified Paypal account (Euros, Irish B o I Mastercard). My Spotify account profile shows I'm back where I belong...Premium!!!

Have updated mobile Spotify app (Have to use sis's UK iTunes Store account to do so, since app not on Irish iTunes Store), and everything is working as it should (especially offline playlists).

Chuffed

still says payment failed for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Arithon

FWIW, after seeing this, I tried to resuscitate my Premium account. While the front page still says “not available in your country”, the mobile page had an “upgrade to Premium” link after I logged in. And it accepted my Irish credit card, previously not accepted. My country was previously “int” (international), and has now changed to “Country ie”, so it does know where my credit card lives.

It’s been a long time, and sorry Deezer, your mobile app has been annoying me for a while :P

Chuffed

agh, not fair. Still can't get mine to work.

What do people have as their country in their profile for Spotify? Mine is US and I don't seem to be able to change it.

According to my profile my country is 'International'. If I click on 'International' it gives my the opportunity to change it, and Ireland isn't on the list (as we all know at this stage). Needless to say I'm not going to tinker with my settings...if it ain't broke, etc etc.

I can't understand why it shouldn't work for someone who was in the same position as I was.

According to my profile my country is 'International'. If I click on 'International' it gives my the opportunity to change it, and Ireland isn't on the list (as we all know at this stage). Needless to say I'm not going to tinker with my settings...if it ain't broke, etc etc.

I can't understand why it shouldn't work for someone who was in the same position as I was.

It won't let me change my country as it recognizes my IP as Irish.

So how exactly do I change it to International? What is an "international" IP address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Didn't work for me either. I am showing up as International but when I went to my PayPal it said

Payment failed
    Sorry, we couldn't process your order. This may be a result of your payment card or PayPal account being registered in a different country to the one you chose. Please try again or contact customer support if the problem remains.

:(:(:(

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried getting Spotify gift cards? I see it's possible to get them in Argos in the UK.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/02/27/spotify-gift-cards-now-available-at-argos/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

Finally managed to get my premium Spotify subscription back up and running on Saturday. Clicked the Upgrade button at the top of the desktop client and it took my Irish credit card details and i am back in business :)

Have been trying that for months and it never worked until Saturday, happy days!

billgates wrote: »
    Finally managed to get my premium Spotify subscription back up and running on Saturday. Clicked the Upgrade button at the top of the desktop client and it took my Irish credit card details and i am back in business :)

Have been trying that for months and it never worked until Saturday, happy days!

What is your country set to?

Edit: Computer (still) says NO!
    Declined, please check or change payment details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I got Spotify premium on a uk paypal account in Irealnd.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Have they given up on launching here altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

I am trying to set this up for someone in Dublin from scratch.

From a uk vpn created the account. Note used postcode 1111 as it wouldn't accept a genuine one lol.

I will try the upgrade thing later, in the meantime what I need to know is how do I get the app onto his non JB iphone 4 ?

When I did a search for the app it did not appear to show.

Cheers.

dolallyoh wrote: »
    I am trying to set this up for someone in Dublin from scratch.

From a uk vpn created the account. Note used postcode 1111 as it wouldn't accept a genuine one lol.

I will try the upgrade thing later, in the meantime what I need to know is how do I get the app onto his non JB iphone 4 ?

When I did a search for the app it did not appear to show.

Cheers.
    Spotify iPhone and iPad apps are available on the UK iTunes Store, which can be accessed (from Ireland) by signing in to iTunes UK store using Apple ID of someone who has a UK iTunes account.

My sister lives in UK and I use her Apple ID and password. From time to time I sign back into her account to check for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dromineer

cymbaline wrote: »
    Has anyone tried getting Spotify gift cards? I see it's possible to get them in Argos in the UK.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/02/27/spotify-gift-cards-now-available-at-argos/

This is strange. The page mentions it's available across the UK, but the associated thumbnail says "Available at selected Argos stores" :confused: What gives?

Also, does anyone know if my sister-in-law in the US bought a gift card whether this will work on a UK account? I'm assuming this may not be possible due to currency and territorial differences.

I'm really losing patience at the moment.

I don't know :( I think in my case a UK one would work because I originally signed up with a bogus UK postcode.

Don't suppose anyone knows any of the big name tech journalists here who might be able to follow this up? Perhaps someone from Spotify would be more willing to give answers to a journalist. I just have this sinking feeling that it's never going to come to Ireland :(:(:(

Yeah I'm sick of waiting at this stage.

Cmon Spotify:

9e9.gif

• Advertisement

i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'd give anything to be able to use this!
    Can someone give me step by step on how to do this - please???

I have the app download (I signed in from the "uk") but I can't connect to facebook. ?

What part are you stuck on? you use you facebook profile to login.

I'd give anything to be able to use this!
    Can someone give me step by step on how to do this - please???

I have the app download (I signed in from the "uk") but I can't connect to facebook. ?

are you in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 munk

Guys is there any way to do this on Android in Ireland?

munk wrote: »

Yes, not trying to be a smart arse but if you spend 30 minutes searching you will find a way. I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I downloaded the app, it redirected to Facebook but it went back to the app and it just said "could not log into Spotify." I tried again and it said "it appeared to be a Spotify link but spotify was unable to open it." I don't know what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 munk

munk wrote: »

Yes, not trying to be a smart arse but if you spend 30 minutes searching you will find a way. I did.

Realised that i set up my itunes account before i moved here so its a uk account. That made things a bit easier but It was still a ballache trying to get a premium account set up. In fact im not quite sure how i did it, but i did somehow.

ps I must have been searching in the wrong place eh or that post wouldnt have gone up. Not trying to be a smart arse - cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kallstrom86

Might be worth taking a look at this method Spotify in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Back in Business!!:D

Clicked on upgrade just now after reading this thread and it allowed me to resubscribe to my premium account using my Irish credit card, €9.99 a month

I've got my music back :)

Advertisement