Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify subscription (irish user)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Lumi wrote: »
    Back in Business!!:D

Clicked on upgrade just now after reading this thread and it allowed me to resubscribe to my premium account using my Irish credit card, €9.99 a month

I've got my music back :)

Can you tell us what you did exactley! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Can you tell us what you did exactley! :)

Clicked on upgrade when logged into my existing account, it took me to the payment screen and allowed me to resubscribe to spotify premium using my Irish credit card.

Finally tonight I got into Spotify! :D
    After various attempts I finally registered an account :)

I have it now on my phone and I love it :D but I only a free trial (46 hours remaining,)

I've already saved loads of offline playlists for a plane journey I have on wednesday, it's just brilliant.

I really want to keep the service but they're no way for me to pay for a premium account with PayPal.

Please help I can't loose it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Finally tonight I got into Spotify! :D
    After various attempts I finally registered an account :)

I have it now on my phone and I love it :D but I only a free trial (46 hours remaining,)

I've already saved loads of offline playlists for a plane journey I have on wednesday, it's just brilliant.

I really want to keep the service but they're no way for me to pay for a premium account with PayPal.

Please help I can't loose it!

Do you know someone in the uk who can buy a gift card for you from Tesco or from Argos?http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/06/12/spotify-gift-cards-now-available-at-selected-tesco-stores/

Not every Tesco sells them though, my sister had to do a bit of driving around
    I've used both successfully with my account. £10 will get you 30days premium subscription

^^ Unfortunately I don't.
    However a few minutes ago I logged into Spotify.se and somehow I could input my account details and I've got 30 free premium days (I think) :D

I'm going to America next week so hopefully I might be able to get one there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Err..I made a free Spotify account while I was in the states on a J1..I installed it there yesterday back home by chance and seemingly it still works perfectly? Is this by chance or dya think there's any way they'll cop and just make it not work anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

I set up a UK Paypal A/C using a friends address and it accepted my Irish Visa Debit Card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

greyc wrote: »
    I set up a UK Paypal A/C using a friends address and it accepted my Irish Visa Debit Card.

I can't find any option to pay with a paypal account, can you direct me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Its in the payment options

Screen_Shot_2012_10_22_at_170624.png

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Just use We7 lad's, website is fantastic and also has an app too. I've been using it for 2 years now and couldn't praise it more if I tried. Also has a free subscription and payed subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Its in the payment options

Screen_Shot_2012_10_22_at_170624.png

Thanks. Can see he option now, but it won't take my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Shlippery wrote: »
    Err..I made a free Spotify account while I was in the states on a J1..I installed it there yesterday back home by chance and seemingly it still works perfectly? Is this by chance or dya think there's any way they'll cop and just make it not work anymore?

I had it setup with a UK account. It worked for 14 days, then it said I have reached my maximum travel usage, ie you can use it away from the home country for 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teruyl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Was wondering why I was getting alerts of people signing up :)

Great news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah just got a mail indicating that Spotify went live

Unfortunately blocked through work, anyone know of hand the pricing for subscriptions.

I am assuming the desktop app is free and the mobile service is paid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

9.99 per month, or 120 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sorry for the dummy question but, am i right in thinking the free service is PC/MAC only with adds, the €5 is the same but without adds and the €10 works on all mobile devices and allows offline playlists?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it's great there's no ads yet in Irish free spotify

****e since I am paying using a foreign account I am now paying £9.99 (= €12) instead of €9.99 euro :(

This is a nuisance but I can't see how I can change my country to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

****e since I am paying using a foreign account I am now paying £9.99 (= €12) instead of €9.99 euro :(

This is a nuisance but I can't see how I can change my country to Ireland.

Same here but found a way to change country to Ireland : -
    Login > Edit Profile > Subscription and click change payment method or card details input same card detail then select Ireland from the list = Perfect

• Advertisement

Same here but found a way to change country to Ireland : -
    Login > Edit Profile > Subscription and click change payment method or card details input same card detail then select Ireland from the list = Perfect

Cheers man that worked :D even if it's only a €3 difference :p

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Is it possible to buy Spotify Gift Cards in Ireland? and if you can, where?

Is it possible to buy Spotify Gift Cards in Ireland? and if you can, where?

Anyone know?

I meant buying it in stores

Maybe you should email spotify and ask?

Maybe you should email spotify and ask?

I was wondering would anyone else know or may have bought them before

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I upgraded to the Premium for the free month-long subscription. I'm still hearing ads though. Anyone know what I've to do to get rid of them, if anything?

• Advertisement

I upgraded to the Premium for the free month-long subscription. I'm still hearing ads though. Anyone know what I've to do to get rid of them, if anything?

Does the top of your page look like this with the words Spotify Premium?

66pL3k.png

Advertisement