Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Ronnie's won eight of the last 11 frames.

If we are back tonight, I doubt it'll be for long... :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Carter looks resigned to defeat, and of course O'Sullivan preys on that in opponents. Shame to see, I think that last frame to make it 13-7 might have been the point of no return tbh.

Not bothered who wins tbh, but I hate when finals are done early. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

zack01 wrote: »
    13-7 and you have to feel this final has now run away from Carter. He had three chances in the last frame and still couldn't convert them.
    Worrying times indeed for the Captain.

Looks unlikely to make 10 frames. Your prediction might have been too generous. Pity really. I'll be happy to see Ronnie win but I always hope for an exciting final as do we all I am sure.

Good old Michaela. ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

PauloMN wrote: »
    Carter looks resigned to defeat, and of course O'Sullivan preys on that in opponents. Shame to see, I think that last frame to make it 13-7 might have been the point of no return tbh.

Not bothered who wins tbh, but I hate when finals are done early. :(

Agree, but Carter brought it on himself by sending O'Sullivan all the wrong messages. Ronnie knew he could leave half chances on and Ali wouldn't take them. If Ali had showed more initiative I doubt his deficit would be as much.

Lol at positioning the pink in the pack. Poor Michaela.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

mewso wrote: »
    Looks unlikely to make 10 frames. Your prediction might have been too generous. Pity really. I'll be happy to see Ronnie win but I always hope for an exciting final as do we all I am sure.

Agreed its never a great finish to the championships when the final finishes with a session to spare. Hendry, Parrott and Davis have all done it and it sure looks like O'Sullivan may join the list. At the best we may hope for a frame or two tonight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Michaela was shaking like a leaf the poor wee thing.

I'll take care of her lol..... ;)

Great chance for 13-8 and an evening session

• Advertisement

zack01 wrote: »
    Agreed its never a great finish to the championships when the final finishes with a session to spare. Hendry, Parrott and Davis have all done it and it sure looks like O'Sullivan may join the list.

Davis did it against Parrott in '89 - and also against Cliff Thorburn in '83. ;)

Hendry did it against White in '93.

It's strange but the pressure should begin to lift now for Carter, he's on a hiding to nothing, maybe his cue arm may move a bit freely now.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Ali is having a complete mare. This could be 18 - 7...

I should have put a few bob on this...:mad:

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

....and that one as well!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That was a dreadful attempt at a long pot by Ali. Why did he put so much side on it ? ? ?:confused:

All over !

Make that nine out of 12 for Ronnie now... :(

Looks like an early start for the champions dinner tonight then.

That's got to be it really. 7 behind O'Sullivan in a final.... it's damage limitation at this stage. I think we will see an evening session, but it won't be more than a frame or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

If there is one glimmer of hope for Carter, it's that he's getting opportunities in the majority of frames - just not taking advantage of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I really hate that MC guy.

Hendry is dreadful as ananalyst. Bring back 'Kenny' as Hazel calls him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Hendry is dreadful as ananalyst. Bring back 'Kenny' as Hazel calls him...
    I actually like him as an analyst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I've been out for the day so haven't seen what's been going on, but judging from recent posts it looks like a foregone conclusion. Guess there won't be much to see tonight!

I really hate that MC guy.

You're not alone. ;)

"The runner-up, receiving the silver medal..." and "The winner, receiving the gold medal..."

What the French Connection UK?!? There are no medals in snooker!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Certainly looks as though it's out of Carter's hands. Would be great to see a big comeback, but that's not likely now...

...is it?

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I actually like him as an analyst.

Great all time player but he hasn't the personality for TV work in my view (neither have I by the way).

Anyway the boys are back on the baise...:)

LOL at Carter trying to psyche Ronnie out...:D

Ebdon's influence again no doubt...

• Advertisement

Advertisement