Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed Trades - Madden 12 Season 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I hate to argue but if a player trades and it is accepted then it should be final. Dave, you said something similar with my trade with the Raiders, the Raiders coach must have looked like someone who didn't know what he was doing to you, due to that trade.

Interference with trades from outsiders who have no connection with the trade is wrong in my opinion.

It just looks unprofessional and cheap when someone keeps badgering on about other trades.

If there is a problem with trades from newbies then they should be monitored by the commish or someone should be chosen to be head of trades if something doesn't look right. What i'm saying is there should be steps to follow before in a trade i compelted that makes sure its completely fair, rather than someone shouting when it's not their business to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Seahawks are a new to the game and the league. Ill voice my opinion on trades publicly and privately . Ive had to advise several new players about some of the joke trades being offered to them.

The Raiders trading is that different situation he's completely altered his team and i still maintain you got a sweetheart deal and you were lucky to get it .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I must question how much of a downgrade at RE that is. I'm a huge fan of Peppers IRL but his key stats don't justify a 99 rating. Look at the stats last year. Osi had 18 tackles, 8 sacks and a FF. Bullock had 12 tackles and 3 sacks as a backup last year. Peppers had 25 tackles and 8 sacks. Part of that may be that he was playing for a CPU team though. It's the thing when you're taking over a CPU team, you probably won't like who they've drafted so you have to tailor the team to what you do and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bit of a swindle rob? A drop of 12 points on right end. Plus the loss of an a proper elite right end. The seahawks get an average defensive tackle of + 4 up grade on there back up DT . Which was even a main trade. There is no value in this trade for the Seahawks...

Id call foul out this trade. Hes the best right end in the game. This is by no means a fair trade.

Dave, I'll leave this up to NekoChan if he thinks it's not a fair trade and if he changes his mind then I don't mind swapping them back.
    Overall rating is a big difference on LM alright, but in the depth chart Peppers is 94 and Osi is 87. Not going to get into the merits of trades, and not trying to rip somone off, so will leave it up to NekoChan.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Dave, I'll leave this up to NekoChan if he thinks it's not a fair trade and if he changes his mind then I don't mind swapping them back.
    Overall rating is a big difference on LM alright, but in the depth chart Peppers is 94 and Osi is 87. Not going to get into the merits of trades, and not trying to rip somone off, so will leave it up to NekoChan.

I really dont want to wade into this, but seeing as it is about my inexperience...
    I was happy enough with trade - and if i under valued it that is my mistake. And I will know I can ask for more next time I trade one of my valued players. I am a big believer in 'live and learn'

Its my first proper season - and I made a decision i thought would benefit my team overall. If I am wrong I am wrong. End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Neko, the best thing to learn from this I would say is if you are interested in trading put up a trade block with the players you are prepared to enter discussions on. That way everyone can see whats on offer.

Let's say you did that and Rob offered the same two players. Pudsy may have had a big need and offered you better/more players to ensure he got your guy. You will learn that values of those highly rated pretty quickly.

Anyway trading is half the fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys and Raiders get a deal done.

Going to Oakland is ROLB Shawn Merriman and coming to Dallas is Ryan Pickett.

I think the Raiders have plans to use Merriman in the RE position and the Cowboys finally get the fat 3-4 D lineman that they've been after for weeks.

Don't take those players please everyone if they're left in FA as we'll be on later to take them.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Shane.C wrote: »
    I hate to argue but if a player trades and it is accepted then it should be final. Dave, you said something similar with my trade with the Raiders, the Raiders coach must have looked like someone who didn't know what he was doing to you, due to that trade.

Interference with trades from outsiders who have no connection with the trade is wrong in my opinion.

It just looks unprofessional and cheap when someone keeps badgering on about other trades.

If there is a problem with trades from newbies then they should be monitored by the commish or someone should be chosen to be head of trades if something doesn't look right. What i'm saying is there should be steps to follow before in a trade i compelted that makes sure its completely fair, rather than someone shouting when it's not their business to do so.
    This is a little bit harsh and I disagree. As commish, I want everyone to be vigilant to not just trades that are unfair but people restarting games and people blatantly not playing the game as it should. I am sure that Dave is just trying to help out a new guy and he is hardly badgering.

I am going to talk to Dave and see what he thinks about how we might implement a fairer trade system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dallas get a second trade done in two days, this time with the Chargers.

Going to San Diego is DT Sione Pouha, and coming to Dallas is rookie TE Fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

The Cincinnati Bengals complete one more trade, for superstar TE Antonio Gates of the San Diego Chargers.

TE Aaron Hernandez & C Alex Mack -for- TE Antonio Gates & C Kyle Cook

The hope is that this will help Cam Newton fulfill his potential!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    This is a little bit harsh and I disagree. As commish, I want everyone to be vigilant to not just trades that are unfair but people restarting games and people blatantly not playing the game as it should. I am sure that Dave is just trying to help out a new guy and he is hardly badgering.

I am going to talk to Dave and see what he thinks about how we might implement a fairer trade system.

I was one of the players Dave advised and it was appreciated. He took the time to give some advice to a fairly new player so well done to him. I don't think he's interfering at all. But I think some sort of system would be good, maybe with a previously mentioned "head of trades" overlooking trades between more inexperienced players.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wouldnt be hugely keen on it.
    People should be able to do their trades as they see fit.

New guys should be advised to check with another player on their trade.

Take for example NekoChan, a PM to dave, berty, myself etc he probably would have got a better deal from Rob.

I think each new guy should get a PM to say here's what you need to know and flag some people as being good to ask on trades.

Thoughts?

Having atrade police is something thats has pros and cons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

One thing we could do is ensure trades are posted up on thread rather than conducted via PM. That way if there is a fairly obvious unfair trade people can raise it before it goes through.

People should feel free to post a question to the group asking if the think a particular trade represents value for them.
    Bear in mind that a trade may appear unfair or lopsided, but sometimes players may willing to overpay for a particular player if he fills a need. As long as players are making informed decisions then all should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Javion Spicy Sinus

ya to be fair i think neko got played but at the same time shes gona be careful from now on the same happened me
    once bitten twice shy and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Personally for me a trade committee should be created and they do not need to approve trades but they can cancel unfair trades.

I'd have no problem being on the committee if people think that would be a better way on going down.

Now they cant just decide its an unfair trade, if a person is willing to drop value in a trade to get a player they feel is vital to a style of play that suits them thats a fair argument.

This would be more for the new people in the league. consultation is better

Re Adrian: I'm not overly fond of posting who im interested in, i do like to send messages privately so i dont create a gold rush for a player or a certain position.

Personally for me a trade committee should be created and they do not need to approve trades but they can cancel unfair trades.

I'd have no problem being on the committee if people think that would be a better way on going down.

Now they cant just decide its an unfair trade, if a person is willing to drop value in a trade to get a player they feel is vital to a style of play that suits them thats a fair argument.

This would be more for the new people in the league. consultation is better

Re Adrian: I'm not overly fond of posting who im interested in, i do like to send messages privately so i dont create a gold rush for a player or a certain position.

For the part in bold experienced players are fine to take it to pm.

But I second the idea of a trade commission in principle.

I'd nominate santry, Dave and paully

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Raiders don't like the idea of a trade commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I think the idea of a Trade Commission is good. I think that anyone doing a trade should seek advice from some of the experienced players and I do not include myself in this as I trade very little and my knowledge of trading would be poor But guys like Dave seem to have a very good handle on what is fair and should be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I agree on a trading commission but I certainly don't think every trade should have to be passed. As Dave said, if the commission only steps in when a trade looks unfair well then I'd be happy to run with that. This is basically to protect new players entering the franchise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Here is one for the trade commission:

New York Giants send Benn WR 86 + Hudson C 82

SF 49ers send McClain MLB 82 + Williams HB 85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think that in Madden 13 we should implement a dubious trade board, their only functions will be to advise players that ask for it or to advise players on trades if someone questions it. Other than that, I would not like to give a people the right to veto trades. If a trade is called to be dubious the people involved will make their cases to the board, they will be assessed and advice will be given but there shouldn't be any vetoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Sewhawks get Grimm FS 73 & Jordon LE 85 for Cannon
    Raiders get Marcus Cannon - RG 80

Seahawks get Roy Williams WR - 80
    Chargers get EJ Henderson MLB - 80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

NekoChan wrote: »
    Sewhawks get Grimm FS 73 & Jordon LE 85 for Cannon
    Raiders get Marcus Cannon - RG 80

Seahawks get Roy Williams WR - 80
    Chargers get EJ Henderson MLB - 80

I dropped Williams both on Xbox and LM but it still says he's on my roster. Is this a mistake and you've picked him up?

Lukebray wrote: »
    I dropped Williams both on Xbox and LM but it still says he's on my roster. Is this a mistake and you've picked him up?

Lm needs to by sync'd..hold on..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons and Giants confirm a trade:

Jason Peters LT for Jameel McClain MLB and Ryan Williams 85 HB

seahawks send

mills olb

to redskins for

heartline wr
    dansby olb

redskins send

bailey cb 97

to dallas for

larry fitz wr 98

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Larry Fitz? :o I'm turning green with envy :P

Shane.C wrote: »
    Larry Fitz? :o I'm turning green with envy :P
    Haha ya my offence is insane now my d is terrible tho so one of my wrs can be gotten for some help on d

• Advertisement

All trades will need to be complete before we roll on to week 7.

Advertisement