Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big pike in canada

Options
  • 16-04-2012 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine in Canada has just sent me this photo of a fish caught in his local lake, I have caught a few pike but nothing this size.

For those of you who don't know where Kirkland Lake is, it's a beautiful mining town and lake in Northern Ontario.....probably the biggest nearby center would be North Bay or Timmins.

It’s a new record Northern Pike in Canada. The man was fishing and caught a 36" Pike.

As he was reeling it in, a 56" - 55 lb. Pike tried to eat it !!!!! He landed them both in the same net! The last picture is unreal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 damob9

that last pic is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oneshotpaddy

every pike anglers dream, nice photo's

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

That is insane! I presume he can't claim it as a record though - not being caught by hook in mouth etc etc... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Great pike ok.
    Those snaps have been around for a while now. I have seen them on other boards a year or two ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Your mate is telling fishy tales.
    Those pics have been doing the rounds for years...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Here is an interview with the captor Ewout Blom in the Netherlands:
    http://www.pacgb.co.uk/Monster%20Snoek.pdf

There was a big pike caught in Canada at about the same time, but not so heavy, as tha one was a thinner build.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The third pic was taken in European waters as well. Will try to find the link to the story about the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Ive seen that 3rd pic loads of times before. Just google "pike eating pike" and open the images tab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Dear God not this again :D

Seems to have been caught in every lake and river in the US and Canada at this stage

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6038

http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm

EDIT: sorry I see the second link was already posted above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

LOL this thread is funny... fishermen and their stories....heard so many 'fishy' stories over the years now i always say believe 99% of what you see with your own eyes (in the flesh), and 1% of what you hear with your own ears (or read on the net for that matter)...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭purehoor

youd think the OP would of had a bit more cop on than to claim this story.... some mothers do av em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Just for the record this link had being sent to me so i put it up in the better interest of anglers i posted up as i got it i do not have any links to the angler that caught the pike i taught it was interesting and worth sharing

steyrman2 wrote: »
    Just for the record this link had being sent to me so i put it up in the better interest of anglers i posted up as i got it i do not have any links to the angler that caught the pike i taught it was interesting and worth sharing

your so called mate is filling you with bul****e and poor gullible you is bloating on it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

purehoor wrote: »
    your so called mate is filling you with bul****e and poor gullible you is bloating on it:rolleyes:

if you have a PROBLEM WITH ME PM ME YOUR NUMBER WE CAN HAVE A CHAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Easy Ladies!!

steyrman2 wrote: »
    if you have a PROBLEM WITH ME PM ME YOUR NUMBER WE CAN HAVE A CHAT

hey im not that type of fella. im very happily with a WOMAN. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

well i think this thread has run it course. Lock?

why frank? i only pointed out like others did that the OP is full of excrament. now he is all defensive and annoyed that we know he is full if crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Take it over here lads ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement