Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

User name regrets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Overjoyed with my username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Dont regret mine, but the one I wanted was taken by someone else that hasn't logged on in 6 years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I changed mine about a year or so back to Holly something or other. Everybody kept calling me Abi anyway so I just changed it back. Not as bad a reaction to when I changed my avatar, people got upset with me over that one, so I changed it back too.

Bullies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I regret mine. I signed up in a rush, and didn't think to use the name I use on other fora. Also, there's another soccer board regular with a name way to close to mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

No regrets educating the riff-raff about one of the greatest horses to set hoof to turf. Gallop on in horse heaven. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy enough with mine, great to share a name with the greatest Irish sportsman ever and one of the few Irish people to ever get justice in a British Court of Law :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I am what I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

lazygal wrote: »
    Any regret picking their user name? I want to change mine but I'm too stingy to become a subscriber.

What's wrong with your username? When I originally joined Boards, it was a spur of the moment decision. So the username I originally picked was all wrong and I had to change it. So unless you made a similar mistake, why change yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I regret the boringness of mine. It's a bus route. :(

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Happy enough with mine, great to share a name with the greatest Irish sportsman ever and one of the few Irish people to ever get justice in a British Court of Law :pac:
    Oh feck, your post just reminded me about that docket I lost :D

Sorry Falz, I've been only on boards on and off lately. I cant even remember what the horse was at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I think mine gets my point across with some humour. Happy enough.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Not when people try to pronounce it at a beers, no.

Welcome to my world :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Abi wrote: »

Sorry Falz, I've been only on boards on and off lately. I cant even remember what the horse was at this stage :pac:

From my encyclopedic knowledge of racing :pac: the winners on the Wednesday of Cheltenham were

Teaforthree
    Simonsig
    Bob's Worth
    Finian's Rainbow
    Son of Flicka
    Une Artiste
    Champagne Fever

I'm sure one or two of those will ring a bell. And remember, a winning docket doesn't 'expire' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I dunno I was going to change mine but couldn't come with anything I'd prefer so I'll stick with this even though I would prefer Mackg

kfallon wrote: »

From my encyclopedic knowledge of racing :pac: the winners on the Wednesday of Cheltenham were

Teaforthree
    Simonsig
    Bob's Worth
    Finian's Rainbow
    Son of Flicka
    Une Artiste
    Champagne Fever

I'm sure one or two of those will ring a bell. And remember, a winning docket doesn't 'expire' ;)
    Finians rainbow if memory serves :D

Thanks hon, if I pluck up the courage to go in there will be a pint with your name on it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

People think my name is camp / effeminate? Maybe dickydowner or terrydump (or terrysdump) would have been better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

'Tis only a fiver to subscribe for a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

No regrets, no regrets at all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've changed mine as I got sick of my first user name and wasn't taken all that seriously until I changed my name. Went for a more unique, unusual, and a name that would stand out and no one use would think of, be original and yet kind of go with my personality and interests too, and pick a catchy name whether it be male or female! Some people mistake me for male but I am female!
    Happy with the name but sometimes think I might change it but think I stick with this name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Mine is starting to depress me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Mine is a bit boring like meself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Me! I definitely have a few regrets about my username, oh young teen stupidity!

U r a tOTAl BeBO Stunnah BBz 2k12... Jealousy iz an illNESS, get Well soon BiTcHeS XxX

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

I'm happy enough with mine.........happy enough with mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

There's a Mc in my surname and I happen to be a chubby lass.
    Also, McLuvin was taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Any regret picking their user name? I want to change mine but I'm too stingy to become a subscriber.

Absofulkingloutely. And I may alredy be in this thread saying so. The sooner boards.ie accepts my money and lets me change it, the better.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Perhaps I should have put an s on the end of mine.

testicle wrote: »
    I'm not sure that would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

testicle wrote: »
    I'm not sure that would have helped.

Nah, its pretty great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I regret mine a little. Blisters just aren't as cool nowadays as they were in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I wanted to make it extremely obvious I was female because I was so sick of being mistaken for a guy in the other forums I frequented.

Of course I was still a teenager back in 2009 so it had to be princess something :rolleyes:
    I still wouldn't change it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah my old username was just my actual name so I changed it to a random jumble of letters that only bears significance to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

everyday! but it's not that bad because I just lurk in the shadows and never post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

codrulz wrote: »
    everyday! but it's not that bad because I just lurk in the shadows and never post! :D

lol 12 posts since 2009! thats pretty cool. Its like you're so chill you only post when its really important:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kellybutler

hey im new to this , can i not change username without subscribing? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger's have the best usernames

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

A cat that flies through the galaxy sh!tting rainbows. Yep that's me.
    I'm happy so.
    Im always mistaken for a dude though. Does that description sound like a dude to you?! Hehe

I've seen some pretty scary usernames that will be regretted when they grow up. Lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I regretted my first username! But I like this one. I mentioned I was going to change it recently and I got given out to, so it stays :D

Now, if I wanted to change it, and I didn't want to subsribe forever, I'd subscribe for one month (a fiver) and then unsubscribe!

I 100% think It's a good idea for you to change your username :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I regret getting banned so often

Is that you oroukeda!

I hate my user name :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

lol 12 posts since 2009! thats pretty cool. Its like you're so chill you only post when its really important:cool:

haha does look like that but nope, just never used to sign in, my first post was about a week ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I regret everything about it. :(

Even the 90 sucks a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

Call me 4J

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I regretted mine for the short period in which I thought I had to include the capitals when logging in, but I quickly realised I don't.

mummymoo wrote: »
    i had to change mine lol, well, made a new account :/

Mother?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I really like mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Don't like the '1990' bit of mine. Any username with a year in it looks tacky.

Also people know how old I am which I don't like either. :P

Call me 4J

You lost a "h"

:pac:

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    I really like mine.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Let me guess - you find referring to yourself as a gal condascending and insulting and would like to change it to lazywoman ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bit bored of mine at this stage, but it's served well for nearly 9 years so no point in changing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

phasers wrote: »
    What he said.

You are a guy though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

No because I'm dorgasm in almost everything I sign up for. No matter how embarrassing it is telling people IRL nowadays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement