Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Laptop Screen Cracked- Dublin Repair Shops?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I my laptop fell and the screen is now cracked and has black blotches covering parts of the screen.:mad: I need to get it repaired asap as I have assignments due Wednesday and Friday this week so I don't have time to do it myself.
    I have a Dell inspiron 1525 15.4" laptop.
    Can anyone please recommend a place in Dublin City Centre that will fix it in less than an hour?
    I have already contacted some repair shops around Dublin this morning and got quotes between €109 - 159.
    The quote for 109 came from dublinlaptoprepair.com but seems a bit dodgy because they didn't give me a full address and just said to ring when I'm in the area. Has anyone used these guys?.. they're based on Berkeley Rd, Dublin 7.
    The next best offer I got was from ExpressTech, Baggot street who said they'll have it done in an hour for €139. It might be worth the extra 30 to be safe and know I won't be scammed.
    Please post if you can recommend any good laptop repair shops in Dublin that are legit and are reasonably priced (preferably less than 139). Really need to get it repaired tomorrow.

Thankyou:)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Those 1525 machines use pritty standard screens most shops will have in stokc I'd say, just ring around the laptop shops in town and ask, there a few places on wexford st/ georges street/aungier street alone that do such repairs.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 123uandme

Thanks Nick! Contacted a few from around aungier street and that area but didn't get a better quote plus some said it would take a few days.
    I got it fixed in Expresstech on Baggot St. Took them less than an hour which was great! Definitely would recommend them to anyone who needs their screen repaired/replaced. They have a price list on their website that shows how much they charge for each screen size.. plus it says they fit screens for free so I think that means if you have more time you could buy a screen and bring it in and they'll fit it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

tech solutions do a good job and give decent prices
    Techsolutions

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

You could also try Lynch Computer Repair in Temple Bar. www.lynch.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

123uandme wrote: »
    They have a price list on their website that shows how much they charge for each screen size.. plus it says they fit screens for free so I think that means if you have more time you could buy a screen and bring it in and they'll fit it for you!

I'd seriously doubt that anyone would fit a screen that you bought somewhere else for free; what they prob mean is that if you buy the screen from them they'll fit it for no extra charge..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

123uandme wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday I my laptop fell and the screen is now cracked and has black blotches covering parts of the screen.:mad: I need to get it repaired asap as I have assignments due Wednesday and Friday this week so I don't have time to do it myself.
    I have a Dell inspiron 1525 15.4" laptop.
    Can anyone please recommend a place in Dublin City Centre that will fix it in less than an hour?
    I have already contacted some repair shops around Dublin this morning and got quotes between €109 - 159.
    The quote for 109 came from dublinlaptoprepair.com but seems a bit dodgy because they didn't give me a full address and just said to ring when I'm in the area. Has anyone used these guys?.. they're based on Berkeley Rd, Dublin 7.
    The next best offer I got was from ExpressTech, Baggot street who said they'll have it done in an hour for €139. It might be worth the extra 30 to be safe and know I won't be scammed.
    Please post if you can recommend any good laptop repair shops in Dublin that are legit and are reasonably priced (preferably less than 139). Really need to get it repaired tomorrow.

Thankyou:)

have a look on adverts.ie you might be able to find someone with spare parts to fix your laptop.

Advertisement