Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry Shampoo

• 16-04-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction please? I've been using the Batiste dry shampoo but it leaves a white(ish) colour on my hair, I've heard there are dry shampoos made for darker hair, in that they spray on brown in colour as opposed to white but when I asked in Boots about it the girl said the only one she knew about what the one that sprayed out white. She suggested I be more vigorous when brushing it out but I explained that I use a hair dryer on it too and it still looks quite white on top of my hair.

Has anyone ever heard / used the brown one and if so where did you buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Batiste have one for dark hair that sprays out brown. It is in a tall brown can. I got mine in a small chemist but have seen it in Dunnes Stores, Tesco and Boots.

The can is bigger than the normal Batiste one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I bought batiste for medium brown hair yesterday in boots, they had one for darker brown hair too.

I'm very surprised the girl in boots didn't know about it they are 3 for 2 on hair care at the moment too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I have very dark hair and have gotten the dark batiste one. However I find it still leaves a faint whiteness to my hair. So I got a tresemme Fresh start dry shampoo - its a foam instead of a spray. I find it quite good and smells lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The dark brown one from Batiste is leaves a little grey tint in my hair, definitely nowhere near the whiteness of the normal version but I can notice it. Granted I do have an "unique" brown hair colour, in that it's dark enough to be mistaken for black half the time but turns dark auburn in the summer. If you have a warm/red toned dark brown colour, you will notice a small amount of grey tint (other people won't notice though unless you use the entire can :) )

I got mine in Boots a while ago during another 3 for 2 offer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

oribe dry shampoo is the business, doesn't leave any white/grey and gives a lovely bounce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Brilliant info there guy's, thanks a million and really appreciate the replies :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

i use the lee stafford dry shampoo for brown hair (its the one in the bright pink can they have it in boots) and its excellent I prefer it to Batiste in terms of colour and how it leaves my hair

Advertisement