Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep kids off fence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

pneireland wrote: »
    go on.....put the spikey thing up there !!!!!.....there are far to many do gooders telling us how we have to act after some little toe-rag has wrecked our property.....the quicker we stand up against these planks the better.....

The compensation will hurt him more than the spikes hurt the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Walk around your garden naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pneireland

no it wont !!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

maybe a more sensible answer to the carpet grippers but not as much fun why not take a drive around and look out for some spikey plants growing wild take a lot of cuttings and then tack them along the top of the fence.who's to know that they aren't growing in ya garden anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

bugsntinas wrote: »
    maybe a more sensible answer to the carpet grippers but not as much fun why not take a drive around and look out for some spikey plants growing wild take a lot of cuttings and then tack them along the top of the fence.who's to know that they aren't growing in ya garden anyway.
    was thinking of that but they will wither quickly won't they as they will will have no source of food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

no it wont !!
    yes it will and i have reported your last irresponsible post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

no it wont !!

Are you aware of the laws in this country and the legalities of structures and what can/will happen if a person or indeed a child is badly injured (or worse) because of spikes,barbed wire or glass shards on walls or any structure???

You dont seem to be clued up on the matter.

I therefore suggest that you look up/consult the current building regulations,a solicitor or the law library,before you make any more silly comments on the matter.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

Departed wrote: »
    was thinking of that but they will wither quickly won't they as they will will have no source of food

if ya get thick ones even when they die the spikes will still stay and in the mean time plant something else.if ya got long bits you could stick'em in the ground to look like you was trying to grow them.

Departed wrote: »
    yes it will and i have reported your last irresponsible post

i'd say you'd be a real misery to be around.
    btw i've reported you for being boring !!

paddy147 wrote: »
    Are you aware of the laws in this country and the legalities of structures and what can/will happen if a person or indeed a child is badly injured (or worse) because of spikes,barbed wire or glass shards on walls or any structure???

You dont seem to be clued up on the matter.

I therefore suggest that you look up/consult the current building regulations,a solicitor or the law library,before you make any more silly comments on the matter.

Regards.

oh god here's another misery who knows it all.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pneireland......

I suggest that you have a read of this and also consult a solicitor or the law library.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0600.html

The law does not allow you to create any undue hazards or traps in your security measures. If you do incorporate items such as barbed wire, broken glass on walls etc then liability will attach in the event of any resulting injury

Advertisement