Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Canada without an LOI

Options
  • 16-04-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So the deal is this,

I applied for my 2nd year visa back in December, and since Jan 25th when it was passed onto the Canadian High Commission I haven't heard a peep.

Basically I know plenty of people to accommodate me, so I'm thinking of heading over next week as a tourist and, should my LOI ever arrive, I'll hop the border and activate it.

So I know I need to have a return flight booked, but do I need anything else in addition to that? For instance, do I need any sort of travel insurance?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

hmmquite wrote: »
    So the deal is this,

I applied for my 2nd year visa back in December, and since Jan 25th when it was passed onto the Canadian High Commission I haven't heard a peep.

Basically I know plenty of people to accommodate me, so I'm thinking of heading over next week as a tourist and, should my LOI ever arrive, I'll hop the border and activate it.

So I know I need to have a return flight booked, but do I need anything else in addition to that? For instance, do I need any sort of travel insurance?

Thank you :)

You don't need insurance until you pick up the visa, you need insurance that covers you for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hmmquite

You don't need insurance until you pick up the visa, you need insurance that covers you for the year.

Awesome, thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinlover

help please.

hello everybody i'm planing to fly to canada very soon ,leaving from dublin airport. so can anybody there take me step by step what do i need for custom officer -like what kind of forum will i fill? is there any finger print ?do i need to show them money in cash?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

youre never asked for insurance, its not a prerequisite of entering the country, only of the IEC scheme, and it's not in the border guard's remit to ask for it

Advertisement