Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-shirts and business cards

Options
  • 16-04-2012 3:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, hopefully this one will be quick and easy…

T-shirts
    I’m getting a few t-shirts made up in the next week or so and just checking to see how a quote I got lines up. The back will have my web banner (see signature) across the upper back and “Real F**king Bootcamp” in big block text left aligned on the chest, with my website URL in smaller writing underneath. Black tee, white text, banner in its own colours.

So far I’ve got a quote of €20 for cotton tees and €31 for under armor style tees off Camden Clothing. 10% discount for 10+ and 20% discount for 20+. Do those prices sound realistic or too high?

Business Cards
    Vista print seem to be charging €41 for 1,000 cards with matte colour front and back, quality = 320g/m2. Again I’d like to integrate my web banner onto the front of the card and with like contact deets etc on the back. Are Vista Print reputable, and does that sound like a reasonable amount? I don’t mind paying a little bit extra if it will ensure great quality cards.

I’ll happily listen to any advice or feedback on the matter!! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have gotten plenty of cards from vista print in the past and they are very good quality once you stick to the templates you download on their site.

have also noticed very little difference between the gloss finish and matt finish (other than the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

i would not go near vista there cards are rubbish a child would do better
    and also dont ever give them bank details for any thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Thanks guys, I got the design done by someone. Literally just need a company to print it!!

Well despite whats said above I'd go with vista print upload your design to their site and just pay by credit card or laser. they are fine and cheap if you dont need alot of customising or need them in a hurry.

Have always used them and quality is great but you really must use their print templates otherwise will end up with bad quality but it's easy enough process to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Hanley wrote: »
    Hi guys, hopefully this one will be quick and easy…

T-shirts
    I’m getting a few t-shirts made up in the next week or so and just checking to see how a quote I got lines up. The back will have my web banner (see signature) across the upper back and “Real F**king Bootcamp” in big block text left aligned on the chest, with my website URL in smaller writing underneath. Black tee, white text, banner in its own colours.

So far I’ve got a quote of €20 for cotton tees and €31 for under armor style tees off Camden Clothing. 10% discount for 10+ and 20% discount for 20+. Do those prices sound realistic or too high?

Re the T-shirts I think your prices are a good bit off. Grand if your only buying small quantities but if your going for ten or more you could be paying far too much.

Do those prices include VAT?

Your banner isnt showing in your signature. If its got multiple colours in it or colours other than black then it could be significantly adding to your costs.

If its novelty tees for others then a significant cost saving could be made there.

For clothing print runs two things are considered really - number of print locations (ie front centre / front left chest / front right chest/ back panel/ neck / each sleeve). Its not unheard of to get prices around e10-15 for plain tees with front and back print. Its a few years since I last got bulk tees made so cant recall prices for small quantities but on an order of 300ish we were down to about e6 inc VAT (large print front and back in one colour). We had quotes in the e10 - e15 range for smaller quantities of different tees.

You mention Camden clothing - if your on foot there there is a laneway beside Fresh on Camden St (between Fresh and Eddie Rockets)- go down it towards Harcourt Street - there is another lane to the right and up there
    is a promotions printing business. They were better value than Camden clothing when we got quotes.

Also if you havnt done so already, try vistas tee printing option and see what you come up with - design upload fees may not apply per tee so there may be significant discounts for small quantities from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

patwicklow wrote: »
    i would not go near vista there cards are rubbish a child would do better
    and also dont ever give them bank details for any thing.

Re Vista Id be nervous with them and business cards. Their card sizes are not the traditional ones we use and have a tendancy to look wrong! Although I suggested them for tees I should also say vistaprints tees (like many) fade a little after a few washes - but if they are semi novelty or short term training use then they are fit for that purpose.

Id suggest trying Reads of Nassau Street(cheap and quick), Speciality Print on South Circular road (price wise they are on the higher end of the competitive scale, but excellent quality and service) or ebay - some Irish Print shops are on ebay offering business card printing services!

re: Tshirts not sure if they do screen printing but they do embroidery at very good prices and at small numbers too www.jackandjade.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

TylerIE wrote: »
    Re the T-shirts I think your prices are a good bit off. Grand if your only buying small quantities but if your going for ten or more you could be paying far too much.

Do those prices include VAT?

Your banner isnt showing in your signature. If its got multiple colours in it or colours other than black then it could be significantly adding to your costs.

If its novelty tees for others then a significant cost saving could be made there.

For clothing print runs two things are considered really - number of print locations (ie front centre / front left chest / front right chest/ back panel/ neck / each sleeve). Its not unheard of to get prices around e10-15 for plain tees with front and back print. Its a few years since I last got bulk tees made so cant recall prices for small quantities but on an order of 300ish we were down to about e6 inc VAT (large print front and back in one colour). We had quotes in the e10 - e15 range for smaller quantities of different tees.

You mention Camden clothing - if your on foot there there is a laneway beside Fresh on Camden St (between Fresh and Eddie Rockets)- go down it towards Harcourt Street - there is another lane to the right and up there
    is a promotions printing business. They were better value than Camden clothing when we got quotes.

Also if you havnt done so already, try vistas tee printing option and see what you come up with - design upload fees may not apply per tee so there may be significant discounts for small quantities from them.
    Inclusive of VAT, €6 would be about right for 300 printed T-Shirts. It ranges from about €6 to about €7.50 (inclusive of VAT) depending on the number of colours etc.. in the T-shirt for that amount. Once you go past 250 T-Shirts, there's very little in the price per T-Shirt.

I really can't see many normal print shops competing on price with Vista for the Biz Cards. However, with a walk in print shop, at least you'll have some come back if something goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Happy_Lady

You could check out supply.ie. As far as I know, you put up what you want and companies tender for your business/the website finds you the best price.

Also dot-cotton.com is a tshirt company in Cork that print. But I dont know about prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I've had cards done by Vistaprint, own design, logo etc, came out fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

Lads, I'm in the printing game and I constantly get people showing me there cheap as chips vista print business cards asking me to match the €45 for 1000 business cards. I have to laugh, the quality is pure crap, slightly better than toilet paper and I'd be embarrassed to hand them out. When I show them the quality of cards I produce they don't mind paying extra for quality and cards you can be proud of. But in saying that some people are happy with the quality so each to their own.

Check out ALS tees in walkinstown, he's pretty cheap and good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

MOH wrote: »
    I've had cards done by Vistaprint, own design, logo etc, came out fine.

Same here I loaded my own business logo and they turned out fine.I always opt for the gloss finish I just think it looks more professional then the matt.
    I honestly can't fault them tbh never had any problems and i'm happy enough with the price and service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Figured I'd post an update on this...

Ended up getting the business cards done by Gary in http://printstations.ie/

541233_10150951351310115_567805114_11925698_608684808_n.jpg

Did a single test run on the t-shirt design with the print shop in the Ilac Centre, and while it was expensive, I'm happy with how it turned out (picture of the "race kit" before the Connemara Adventure Challenge last weekend)

576959_10150951253240115_567805114_11925524_1511558696_n.jpg

403419_10150946328870115_567805114_11907945_1830508214_n.jpg

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, all!!

Advertisement