Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to sell phone?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 3:49pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to sell my HTC Sensation - I put it on adverts but the offers I'm getting are very low I think. I had a quick look on ebay (uk) and they seem to sell for way more. Has anyone done this and do you think its a better way to get a good price for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Adverts is easier as you don't have to worry about the phone arriving securely and getting damaged via post.

You will always get more on ebay. Try donedeal also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Well it depends on price or type of wording you used in ad.
    Maybe give an original description/ pics/video below your advertisement.
    Like this one

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-sensation/

I have had an unfortunate experience with Ebay selling the smartphones before,it seemed that my ads were atracting lots of scammers :(
    plus Ebay fees , I wouldn't certainly recommend them.

Try also Donedeal/Gumtree/BuyandSell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Jarren wrote: »
    Well it depends on price or type of wording you used in ad.
    Maybe give an original description/ pics/video below your advertisement.
    Like this one

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-sensation/

I have had an unfortunate experience with Ebay selling the smartphones before,it seemed that my ads were atracting lots of scammers :(
    plus Ebay fees , I wouldn't certainly recommend them.

Try also Donedeal/Gumtree/BuyandSell

+1 to all of that. I got some fella that kept sending me fake paypal emails saying he has paid and asking me to send the phone to him instantly.

+ the ebay posting fees will take away a lot of money from your sale.

As above tidy up your phone, make it easy to read and a lot more presentable than a couple of lines. Do remember not everyone that goes on boards or adverts know what ICS or other tid bits are. Phone specs to most people are as good as speaking to them in a different language.

Also have patience. All the people looking for bargains will always post first with a lower price tag than you would want. Sometimes it will take a couple of weeks to sell it off close to the price you want. Probably wont get the exact one you want.

• Site Banned Posts: 8 emmett123

go to quikr.com

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Maybe the phone is not worth as much as you'd like it to be?

I find adverts.ie generally good, prices are a bit low but you should get close to asking if you hold out.
    With ebay you may get a decent final price but will have more scammers, generally have to post via recorded delivery and then you have insertion fees, paypal fees (6 -7%) and ebay fees (10%)

donedeal is pretty decent
    BuyandSell/Gumtree are full of scammers and IMO not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement