Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Race Smack Talk thread - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Fazz wrote: »
    Not one for time predictions really, too dependant on weather so not much point imo. And also whether someone is training through or has it as an A or B race etc.
    A race is a race though and it's hard as she goes.

So I'll be scanning over your splits from Burnfoot and comparing to Paul Carroll and Co to see if any clues :) distances dont compare at all though.
    If you see Alex Donald in it, chase him down for me and Bambaata!!! :D

Back to Joey, it's only a C race but I'll bring my A game ;)

Heading down the Sat for a bike and swim with a Clubmate if you're about too?

Haven't booked any accommodation yet so I don't know what I'm doing. Might drive down on the morning but we'll see. Haven't actually booked anything for this weekend either, but there's no chance I'm driving up there in the morning.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So this is smack talk? I expected more bitchin' and less haribo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Oryx wrote: »

Don't go there Oryx - you know you're better than that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

JB cries if you are too harsh so its PG rated smack talk.

Anyways Haribo have been replaced with Fruit Gums, preferably the bags, but boxes will do. Nicer if you sit on them for a while first.

• Advertisement

RedB wrote: »
    Don't go there Oryx - you know you're better than that :D
    No, Im really not. :)

I couldnt beat any of these guys. But they is all gonna get chicked by Dory and RQ anyway.
    JB cries if you are too harsh so its PG rated smack talk.
    I heard you all cry if the water is too cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I heard you all cry if the water is too cold.

This shriek is commonly mistaken for crying, its actually just the pitch of the expelled air as the nads tuck themselves away for safety :D

Not one for time predictions really......

Back to Joey, it's only a C race but I'll bring my A game ;)

Heading down the Sat for a bike and swim with a Clubmate if you're about too?

Goal 1 at Joey - beat BTH
    Goal 2 at Joey - beat Shotguns 2011 Bike split of 1:01:14... ;)

Whoops wrong thread :D

Sorted that last request Fazz...

Best of luck with Goal 2. Just for some excuses context, it was wet and windy for Joey last year and I had a 4 hour TT done the day before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thats a hell of a 20k bike split Mike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

And it's your own back yard and you prob live up one of the roads... :D

Tail winds dont count as wind you know... ;)

• Advertisement

Bambaata wrote: »
    Thats a hell of a 20k bike split Mike ;)
    Don't let the return 20k fool you, we had a tailwind in fairness. The First 20k was a headwind slog though :p

And it's your own back yard and you prob live up one of the roads... :D

I guess we will have to pick a neutral ground then... Valentia Island? Kilkee?

I guess we will have to pick a neutral ground then... Valentia Island? Kilkee?

I'm happy to give your home turf a shot first...

Yep I'm in for Valentia also are you then?
    You've 84th place to beat my 2011 effort :):D
    Hopefully '12 goes a tad better!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Exclusive pic of tunney trying out JB's bike.

575331_446522992030878_100000195426755_1994427_878396634_n.jpg

Lol. Jb does your bike have small wheels by any chance? 650c wheels maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

It's about the same size as my bike but that cannot be Tunney, he is much fatter than that.
    tunney wrote: »
    Lol. Jb does your bike have small wheels by any chance? 650c wheels maybe?

No I have adult sized wheels....for a moment though:)

It's about the same size as my bike but that cannot be Tunney, he is much fatter than that.

No I have adult sized wheels....for a moment though:)

Anyone would swear reading that that you actually had to measure to check. Did you?

JB - heard a rumour that you were moving to a 10 metre pool? Is this something your coach advised to match your swimming ability?

JB - heard a rumour that you were moving to a 10 metre pool? Is this something your coach advised to match your swimming ability?

No, no, its so he can reach the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone would swear reading that that you actually had to measure to check. Did you?

I understand he is looking for a step ladder at the moment, couldn't reach the top of the wheel to measure..

• Advertisement

Do they make inflatable pools that big these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ye bunch of comedians.

Tunney has been on to me and asked to stop refering to him as being fat as he is getting upset over it. So can i please ask you all not to mention the F*T word around him as its upsetting him. Given he is a bit moany (sure when is he not you might ask) at the moment perhaps it would be best if we could give him some leeway as its that time of the month....again:)

@Mcos - Sure we cannot take you serious any more since you have moved over to AR:)

@Mloc - I heard the grannies in the bingo hall are putting out more wattage on the bike than you are on your PT:)

@BTH - eh erm you skinny fecker.:)

All ganging up on me....and me only 5ft nothing

Given he is a bit moany (sure when is he not you might ask) at the moment perhaps it would be best if we could give him some leeway as its that time of the month....again:)

It would explain why he looks so bloated too.

Ye bunch of comedians.

@Mcos - Sure we cannot take you serious any more since you have moved over to AR:)

Sorry to hear you have retired MCOS, always fancied round #2
    All ganging up on me....and me only 5ft nothing

WTF???? You can still grow at your age? Jesus you have shot up in the last month or so.

Sorry to hear you have retired MCOS, always fancied round #2

Eh.. when was round #1? :confused:

@JB.... I'll pop out of retirement especially for you at Barcelona kid ;)

Best place for this.

I am a total fvcking idiot. I have booked the flights for Roth, booked a hotel, told everyone I was doing it and booked time off in work and structured my training for it.

Went to enter Roth today and found it was sold out. WTF????? What am I going to do????

FVCKKKKKK I feel so stupid. I feel so stupid I should get back in my box and not slag anyone about water retention.

Best place for this.

I am a total fvcking idiot. I have booked the flights for Roth, booked a hotel, told everyone I was doing it and booked time off in work and structured my training for it.

Went to enter Roth today and found it was sold out. WTF????? What am I going to do????

FVCKKKKKK I feel so stupid. I feel so stupid I should get back in my box and not slag anyone about water retention.

While I don't believe a word of this, surely you could get in as an AGer for the long distance champs?

Best place for this.

While I don't believe a word of this, surely you could get in as an AGer for the long distance champs?

Ignore him, hormones.

Try Belgium Dave, I hear it's lovely in July.

Haven't booked any accommodation yet so I don't know what I'm doing. Might drive down on the morning but we'll see.

(close to race day, clearly time to ramp up the smack...)

BTH - have you got your arse in gear yet or what?

Fail to prepare..... prepare to...... ;):D

I bet David Cahill is all set and ready....
    But then he would be, he's the No.1 3DTri athlete.... :D;):p

Seriously though.... are you gonna let a clubmate who was on "take me out" beat you on Sunday? :eek: :o:o:o

- and don't worry about me, the only gaudy black and orange thing finishing ahead of me will be from the sprint race an hour earlier.... ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone who knows anything about 'take me out' automatically loses.

Advertisement