Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Race Smack Talk thread - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Just in case anyone else out there is looking for motivation to stay ahead of BTH this Sunday....

Race Outfit.... :confused:

Top5349150877_a10200cc0e_m.jpg

shorts5349761502_fa333c3bf7_m.jpg

51I1nYj63cL_SS424_.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Thanks Fazz, but on Sunday I'll be mostly looking like this although I might have a haircut beforehand, for aero purposes!!

398820_338664936196295_100001583741375_885244_43976280_n.jpg

See how the green white and orange work so well together.

Booked a B&B on Tuesday so thats sorted. Looking like I've to make a trip to Mullingar on the way down so arrival time is not confirmed yet.

Rumour has it that Dave Cahill has been practicing his glance over the shoulder as he waits for me to come storming through :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BTH, everyone in that photo seems to be averting their eyes from the brightness of those shoes except one guy who seems to have his eyes shut anyway.

Oryx wrote: »
    BTH, everyone in that photo seems to be averting their eyes from the brightness of those shoes except one guy who seems to have his eyes shut anyway.

Like your man in the McDonalds ad with the "Flirt Shirt", you're just Jealous!

Like your man in the McDonalds ad with the "Flirt Shirt", you're just Jealous!
    I know. You have much better legs than me. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

So the boardie match ups this weekend at Joey

Oryx vs RedB
    Fazz v BTH

I know RedB, Oryx will stand out in any crowd, BTH is well, BTH.. How do we spot Fazz?

BTH is well, BTH..

What does that mean?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

What does that mean?? :mad:

At a guess, its based on the fact that your reflective properties allow you to be spotted easily (and from space).

Good luck at the weekend folks. Surely MCOS can sort out the weather down south for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

interested wrote: »
    .....(and from space).

:D:D LMAO... Love it!

Weather? Of course, nice big tail wind organised for the return bike leg and a cool drizzy shower to lower the heart rates on the run :)

Now this isnt fair. I'll be dressed in purple and yellow and will stand out like a circus act, as will BTH, but I dont know you others. (all ye triathletes look the same anyway) How will I find you?????

*apart from the obvious answer of 'look waaaay in front of you'

• Advertisement

Fazz wrote: »
    BTH - have you got your arse in gear yet or what?
    I know. You have much better legs than me. :p
    BTH is well, BTH..
    At a guess, its based on the fact that your reflective properties allow you to be spotted easily (and from space).
    ... stand out like a circus act, as will BTH...

This isn't going well for BTH. :(

Fazz, if you're in my sights out of the water, you won't be getting away. So you better swim damn fast.

Who wants to lay down some predictions??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Woah. Do not insult the shoes! What did the shoes do to you to deserve that? :eek:

Woah. Do not insult the shoes? What did the shoes do to you to deserve that?

Finally, some support!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Im gonna go with you're the only one sun burnt ;) and that given the right sort of attitude in the swim TinTin might get taken out <pun intended>

Im gonna go with you're the only one sun burnt ;)

I would dispute that but I know better.
    and that given the right sort of attitude in the swim TinTin might get taken out <pun intended>

Mmmmhhhh, must get a look at the lane allocations, see if anyone in his lane owes me a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

It is good to see BTH is next in line for getting abused by everyone...I had my turn:)
    Good luck racing this weekend lads and lassies!!

Woah. Do not insult the shoes! What did the shoes do to you to deserve that? :eek:
    Theyre lovely shoes. Amazing shoes. Dorothy-in-Wizard-of-Oz shoes. But youve got to admit, they do look radioactive.

Predictions?

Fazz and BTH will have a fight in the pool over who gets to wear the pink hat.

Me and my nemesis will be utterly polite while trying to kill each other.

It will rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Theyre lovely shoes. Amazing shoes. Dorothy-in-Wizard-of-Oz shoes. But youve got to admit, they do look radioactive.

Aint nothing compared to the glow in the dark Noosa Tri I picked up for racing this year! Should see some of ye at Joey then its Valentia for my first race of 2012.

This isn't going well for BTH. :(

Fazz, if you're in my sights out of the water, you won't be getting away. So you better swim damn fast.

Really??? :)

Can you see 4 minutes up the road on the bike course at Joey then??? :confused:

;)

Really??? :)

Can you see 4 minutes up the road on the bike course at Joey then??? :confused:

;)

Are you going to swim sub 20?? :eek:

• Advertisement

Are you going to swim sub 20?? :eek:

No chance!

Just referring to the gap heading off the bike!

No chance!

Just referring to the gap heading off the bike!

http://www.limericktriathlon.com/drupal/files/Joey%202012%20Race%20No%20-%20Wave%20and%20Lane.pdf

So, are you leading out the lane, superstar??

Lol classic! :D
    I doubt id be lane leading material but see who else is there sure.

So same lane, and you're in with 2 Pulser's! Excellent!

Did you see how fast lane 5 is??!!
    Mike Yelverton managed to sneak an entry in, Dave R1, David Cahill, Mariuk Olenisk etc!
    Nice draft over there if we can duck under the ropes :D

Hopefully there's a fish in lane 4 too??

Lol classic! :D
    I doubt id be lane leading material but see who else is there sure.

So same lane, and you're in with 2 Pulser's! Excellent!

Did you see how fast lane 5 is??!!
    Mike Yelverton managed to sneak an entry in, Dave R1, David Cahill, Mariuk Olenisk etc!
    Nice draft over there if we can duck under the ropes :D

Hopefully there's a fish in lane 4 too??

Whos the other pulser? Not worried, I have my own domestique in there too.

Whos the other pulser? Not worried, I have my own domestique in there too.

John Connolly is the other Pulser.

Graham Butler seems to be quite fast so maybe he'll be leading out (Nenagh - 11:10).
    Could be others also sure we'll see down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Remember everybody! If you are out and about today please give generous to support JackyBacks long term goal to learn to swim.

John Connolly is the other Pulser.

Graham Butler seems to be quite fast so maybe he'll be leading out (Nenagh - 11:10).
    Could be others also sure we'll see down there.

Mr Connolly swam well in Nenagh as well. You going to sit on his feet and let him drag you around?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Thanks Fazz, but on Sunday I'll be mostly looking like this although I might have a haircut beforehand, for aero purposes!!

I really don't know where to start on that photo.........

Oh the horrors.......

tunney wrote: »
    I really don't know where to start on that photo.........

Oh, please, go on.

Surely the lack of a bulge around the belly wont have escaped you, Tummey!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Now this isnt fair. I'll be dressed in purple and yellow and will stand out like a circus act, as will BTH, but I dont know you others. (all ye triathletes look the same anyway) How will I find you?????

*apart from the obvious answer of 'look waaaay in front of you'

You forgot to mention that you'll be wearing this on your back :D

I won't be bringing my Lost Sheep shopping bag this time but seeing as I'm bib no 501 maybe have something like this in mind to find me :D :eek::D

Advertisement