Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Race Smack Talk thread - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You keep watching that bullseye red. Cos hopefully it'll be the only bit of me youll get to see..... ;)

And thank you for the clip of the beautiful man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Oryx wrote: »
    You keep watching that bullseye red. Cos hopefully it'll be the only bit of me youll get to see..... ;)

And thank you for the clip of the beautiful man. :)

You're welcome :). Thought you might like that. The jeans are a killer in the pool though.....(might explain my swim times :rolleyes:).

Prediction - you'll lead out of the swim but I'll blitz the bike (i.e. 31kph with a tailwind :D) to catched you by 10km and then blow up on the run due to "GI issues" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    Remember everybody! If you are out and about today please give generous to support JackyBacks long term goal to learn to swim.

I will have you know I have been swimming like Skippy the Dolphin.....oh wait that should be Flipper!!

I would say Tunney is crapping himself considering the long weeks training i have had and still being able to run at the pace i did off the bike today.
    Roth is game over for him, no coming back for him. Lacks mental strength and needs to use his kids bottles to drink water as cannot drink from cups:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I would say Tunney is crapping himself considering the long weeks training i have had and still being able to run at the pace i did off the bike today.
    Roth is game over for him, no coming back for him. Lacks mental strength and needs to use his kids bottles to drink water as cannot drink from cups:)

Here is the thing though - I can go around corners on my bike..............

How did your IM simulation ride go?

• Advertisement

Here is the thing though - I can go around corners on my bike..............

How did your IM simulation ride go?

True that need to put stabilizers back on:). It went well, hit 35 degrees on the bike so the warmest day since over here, cannot find many flat roads over here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

My prediction. Fazz to take it by 2-3 min. But I'll do everything I can (legally!!) to stop him. Looking forward to getting out there and seeing what I've got.

I know it's not the best smack talk but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

My prediction. Fazz to take it by 2-3 min. But I'll do everything I can (legally!!) to stop him. Looking forward to getting out there and seeing what I've got.

Worst. putdown. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Close enough.... 3.5 or so in the end.

So, which one of you feckers threw thumbtacks in front of me? Thats right, punctured by a shiny new thumbtack. I thought that only happened in cartoons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

could the boys please explain the brown envolpe timing ;-) its very suspicious .... ;-)
    very suspicious.
    was that bike course 40k ? I am still stunned that one of my females rode 1;06;11.

peter kern wrote: »
    could the boys please explain the brown envolpe timing ;-) its very suspicious .... ;-)
    very suspicious.
    was that bike course 40k ? I am still stunned that one of my females rode 1;06;11.

Brown envelope timing? You mean the negative time penalty? I have some incriminating photos of Eamon Tilley!!

Miscounting on the poolside meant we swam 1600m.

Bike was 37.35km per my watch.

37.49 by my bike computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Brown envelope timing? You mean the negative time penalty? I have some incriminating photos of Eamon Tilley!!

Miscounting on the poolside meant we swam 1600m.

Bike was 37.35km per my watch.

we want to see those pics ;-)
    swim times are quite funny and I dodnt think you are the only ones that swam 1600.
    but dont tell me they used garmin 910 evidence that your swim was long ;-) ;-) ;-)

thanks for bike split length!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

So, which one of you feckers threw thumbtacks in front of me? Thats right, punctured by a shiny new thumbtack. I thought that only happened in cartoons!

<rubs hands together in classic evil pose> MWAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

RedB wrote: »

<rubs hands together in classic evil pose> MWAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

Sorry Oryx, those were for Fazz.

Nice to meet you briefly yesterday Red. Hope your race went well.

This is getting a little ridiculous. I am all for a little bit of banter but its gone too far. JB has started stalking me. I have photographic evidence of him stalking me from my neighbours garden and I am going to the police with it.

fran.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

So that's you holding out the welcome mat for JB in T1 then Tunney?

It's funny how the fat and ugly ones slag the short guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This is getting a little ridiculous. I am all for a little bit of banter but its gone too far. JB has started stalking me. I have photographic evidence of him stalking me from my neighbours garden and I am going to the police with it.

fran.jpg

Bring your bins in ;)

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    So that's you holding out the welcome mat for JB in T1 then Tunney?

No that will be me at the finish line in Roth with the welcome sign as Tunney finishes a good few minutes behind me.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Bring your bins in ;)

We are the other side, our bins are in!

We are the other side, our bins are in!

In that case, continue as you are :)

mloc123 wrote: »
    Based on Mr Tango's first 30min @ IM pace at the weekend, both of you might want to start thinking about catching him on the run ;)

I take it back, based on his splits today you might not see him on the run either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Fazz is currently 2nd in the TI national series behind Shane Scadding... go Fazz! Another strong result at Athy should ensure he stays there too.. :)

So, who is gong to do what to whom at Athy... besides me handing Tunney his own backside ;)

Ha I smiled at that too when I saw it :):D

It doesn't matter that others have only done 1 race to my 2 does it?? :D

Back to smack talk - is Tunney even entered yet?

Athy is a tricky one to race as lots of waves.
    Think it was by age group last year.
    Me and BTH should be fighting in the water again :D
    Hopefully we'll only do the required distance this time!
    There's a fast 3dtri guy for us to chase I think... ;)
    Thank god for the narrow river!

Bambaata/BTH/ElDirector/everyone- make sure you beat Shane Scadding in the sprint so he doesn't score too high :D

Whats going to happen in Athy is that I'm going to score sooo many NS points in the sprint that I'll leap-frog Fazz in the overall rankings even though he'll have finished ahead of me twice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Fazz wrote: »
    Back to smack talk - is Tunney even entered yet?
    :D

Dunno, just saw back in the thread he was? If not, I'll just have to target JB as Tunney predicted that he will finish ahead of me :) Both those boyos will be near peak IM shape too so all the better...

Whats going to happen in Athy is that I'm going to score sooo many NS points in the sprint that I'll leap-frog Fazz in the overall rankings even though he'll have finished ahead of me twice. :D

I might have to come down to watch the sprint...

He says wondering how much a box of thumb tacks are.... :D:p

• Advertisement

Fazz wrote: »
    I might have to come down to watch the sprint...

He says wondering how much a box of thumb tacks are.... :D:p

:eek: So YOU were responsible for Oryx's puncture in Limerick :eek:

Advertisement