Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Race Smack Talk thread - enter if you dare!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Fazz wrote: »
    Ha I smiled at that too when I saw it :):D

It doesn't matter that others have only done 1 race to my 2 does it?? :D

Back to smack talk - is Tunney even entered yet?

Not yet but i should be in the double olympic soon.
    Dunno, just saw back in the thread he was? If not, I'll just have to target JB as Tunney predicted that he will finish ahead of me :) Both those boyos will be near peak IM shape too so all the better...

LOL - peak IM shape. That I will be - however its more of an undulation than a peak.

I'm in no illusion as to my shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Dunno, just saw back in the thread he was? If not, I'll just have to target JB as Tunney predicted that he will finish ahead of me :) Both those boyos will be near peak IM shape too so all the better...

He must have been smoking something when he predicted that:p
    As i said previously i will lose too much time in that race format on the swim. It will be between yourself and Tango i reckon with me and Tunney battling it out for the wooden spoon.

He must have been smoking something when he predicted that:p
    As i said previously i will lose too much time in that race format on the swim. It will be between yourself and Tango i reckon with Tunney and I battling it out for the wooden spoon.

Fixed that for you. Being short is no excuse for bad grammar.

tunney wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. Being short is no excuse for bad grammar.

Why thank you, when did you take up teaching:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Fazz wrote: »
    Bambaata/BTH/ElDirector/everyone- make sure you beat Shane Scadding in the sprint so he doesn't score too high :D

Done :cool:

No. 2 in NS :cool: :)

• Advertisement

Lifeguard : "Sorry no unaccompanied minors in the pool due to problems with urination in the pool"
    JB : "I'm thirty-fvcking-four"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lifeguard : "Sorry no unaccompanied minors in the pool due to problems with urination in the pool"

It was nice of CSS to arrange the the 'little chair' for JB on Wednesday...

JIP0384_1_large.jpg

Durty pool, cloudy, nasty.....no wonder i was fvking sick last week. Note to self change pool or avoid jumping in at lunchtime after a school full of kids.

Durty pool, cloudy, nasty.....no wonder i was fvking sick last week. Note to self change pool or avoid jumping in at lunchtime after a school full of kids.

Chasing kids in budgie smugglers - can you not get arrested for that?

mloc123 wrote: »
    It was nice of CSS to arrange the the 'little chair' for JB on Wednesday...

JIP0384_1_large.jpg

I actually have the same at home, Michelle sometimes feeds me in the kids high chair as it fits perfectly:)

• Advertisement

Chasing kids in budgie smugglers - can you not get arrested for that?

I could have worded that slightly better.

I actually have the same at home, Michelle sometimes feeds me in the kids high chair as it fits perfectly:)

A photo of Fran being fed in the kids high chair.

fran_being_fed.jpg

Dave Tummy trying on his wetsuit this morning....thankfully it just about fits him for Roth!
    wettsuitpic.jpg

Dave Tummy trying on his wetsuit this morning....thankfully it just about fits him for Roth!
    [IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Galilea Massive Headphones/wettsuitpic.jpg[/IMG]

Glenda thought it was funny. "Pretty accurate" were her words.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Glenda thought it was funny. "Pretty accurate" were her words.

I have to wonder what JB was doing looking up images of men in rubber suits.. :eek:

mloc123 wrote: »
    I have to wonder what JB was doing looking up images of men in rubber suits.. :eek:

I swear i seen it on facebook:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Very quiet on here these days. Nerves re Saturday must be beginning to set in.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Nah, they're all busy writing up a list of excuses.

Oryx wrote: »
    Nah, they're all busy writing up a list of excuses.

I got my excuses in early this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I got my excuses in early this morning :)

Yeah I saw that, ould tired legs malarky. I set most of my PBs last year on tired legs :rolleyes: IM fitness is not to be messed with and you are damn near peak fitness at this stage :D

• Advertisement

New goals - be able to breathe again and hold a conversation without getting out of breathe. Won't hit it this weekend with JB around, he never shuts up.

Yeah I saw that, ould tired legs malarky. I set most of my PBs last year on tired legs :rolleyes: IM fitness is not to be messed with and you are damn near peak fitness at this stage :D

Honestly they are tired:) Plus it will be an early start, stabilisers on the bike, will lose a few minutes trying to climb up onto the pontoon unless there is a kids climb up section. Working on other excuses will be back later with some more.
    New goals - be able to breathe again and hold a conversation without getting out of breathe. Won't hit it this weekend with JB around, he never shuts up.

I now have a free space in the Venga bus now that Tunney is making his own way down:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Honestly they are tired:) Plus it will be an early start, stabilisers on the bike, will lose a few minutes trying to climb up onto the pontoon unless there is a kids climb up section. Working on other excuses will be back later with some more.
    It was too windy.
    It was too wet.
    It was too hot.
    It was too cold.
    I didnt drink enough.
    I didnt eat enough.
    I didnt sleep enough.
    I got lucky last night.
    This is not my A race.
    I had mechanical issues.
    I'm still getting over my IT band issues.
    I overcooked the bike.
    I suffered on the run.
    I was emotionally insecure.

Take your pick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Word has it that JB's injury from Saturday was a ruse and what actually happened was he was carried away by the strong current down the river barrow and ended up in Carlow. Last spotted on the M9 thumbing a lift back to Athy.

tunney 1 JB 0

Word has it that JB's injury from Saturday was a ruse and what actually happened was he was carried away by the strong current down the river barrow and ended up in Carlow. Last spotted on the M9 thumbing a lift back to Athy.

tunney 1 JB 0

I am sure that JB has a valid reason for his injury, one that is in no way so embarrassing that the above is preferable.

tunney 1 JB 0

I wish i was taken away with the current might of swam faster :) I here they are extending the cut off this year in Frankfurt to allow you to finish and get your medal. You must be delighted!!
    I am sure that JB has a valid reason for his injury, one that is in no way so embarrassing that the above is preferable.

Riding hard and getting my leg over....and not in that way!!

So who is going to smack down who at the HOTW this weekend?

Advertisement