Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consolidating loans

Options
  • 16-04-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to consolidate an existing credit card debt or bank loan (approx 3k) to an existing mortgage, keeping the existing terms on the mortgage?
    The reason for this would be to reduce the amount of multiple DD or SO on my current account.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi patpark121,

It is possible to apply for a mortgage to cover a credit card debt or personal loan but unfortunately you can't keep the existing terms of your mortgage. You would need to discuss a brand new mortgage application with a mortgage advisor in your local branch. Contact details for our branches can be found here.

If you have any other queries please ask me.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gall2005

Our mortgage is fixed for last two years up until December this year, would it be possible to get an idea of what interest rate we will be looking at in January? Also is it possible to consolidate mortgage , personal boi loan and credit card to reduce bills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Gall2005 wrote: »
    Our mortgage is fixed for last two years up until December this year, would it be possible to get an idea of what interest rate we will be looking at in January? Also is it possible to consolidate mortgage , personal boi loan and credit card to reduce bills?
    Hi Gall2005, 

Thanks for your post.

Due to the nature of your query, it needs to be discussed with a Mortgage Advisor in your local branch, as you will need to discuss your re-structure options.
    Here is a link to contact details for your branch or here's a link to request a meeting with a Mortgage Advisor .

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement