Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Loan Offer.

Options
  • 16-04-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Is anybody else experiencing major delays with AIB issuing loan offers at the moment. We had an offer imminent 2 weeks ago and changed the property we were looking to get a mortgage on, and now being told it’s a formality but will take a couple of weeks. Its “to be referred back to the original Underwriter/Lender for sign off again”. Any similar stories ?, it's just that our solicitor has raised an issue that will have to be referred back to AIB, and I was wondering if it's going to be another couple of weeks after that. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i heard that changes always put you to the back of the queue, especially if you change the property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

When my solicitor referred something back to them it took 4 working days for them to confirm.

I'm told they're actually quite busy in AIB home mortgages. Not sure if that's true or if they trying to protect their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Barnseire wrote: »
    Is anybody else experiencing major delays with AIB issuing loan offers at the moment. We had an offer imminent 2 weeks ago and changed the property we were looking to get a mortgage on, and now being told it’s a formality but will take a couple of weeks. Its “to be referred back to the original Underwriter/Lender for sign off again”. Any similar stories ?, it's just that our solicitor has raised an issue that will have to be referred back to AIB, and I was wondering if it's going to be another couple of weeks after that. :(

If that's the only change and the new valuation report is in order and has been sent in it really is only a formality. They are very busy in there at the minute (honestly!) and there is a huge backlog. Easter doesn't help as a lot of the underwriters/completions staff who have kids seem to have taken the mid-term break off. Taking nearly 3 weeks to assess an application.. Anything already on the system but being referred back to Underwriting will take best part of a week...In relation to the issue your solicitor has raised with AIB this could be a different story altogether depending on what it is? is it a qualification of some sort on the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

killers1 wrote: »
    If that's the only change and the new valuation report is in order and has been sent in it really is only a formality. They are very busy in there at the minute (honestly!) and there is a huge backlog. Easter doesn't help as a lot of the underwriters/completions staff who have kids seem to have taken the mid-term break off. Taking nearly 3 weeks to assess an application.. Anything already on the system but being referred back to Underwriting will take best part of a week...In relation to the issue your solicitor has raised with AIB this could be a different story altogether depending on what it is? is it a qualification of some sort on the title?

Yep, it's not freehold and in a quick conversation with solicitor, he mentioned that there is only 69 years and 6 months left on property title. He said banks normally insist on 70 years but that they will probably want us to sign something saying that we will pursue to buy it outright. I asked about costs and timings and he was a little vague. He's pursuing items with the vendor at present. He needs to see loan offer to see who to direct his queries to in bank => more delays.

Advertisement