Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland/Airtricity

Options
  • 16-04-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi, i was wondering has anyone switched from Bord Gais to either Electric Ireland or Airtricity? Did they make any savings on the switch?Also which is better?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Best off checking http://www.bonkers.ie

A lot of people will tell you to steer clear of Airtricity for various reasons (a lot of bad customer experiences) but I think they're the cheapest at the moment.

In general, watch out for standing charges and contract exit fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭rameire

best off doing a search under consumer, for, airtricity, esb, bord gais or flogas, there are a multitude of threads and they should of some help.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Portiuncula

I would advise everybody to steer clear of having any a\c with Airtricity had paid my bill 3 days before it was due and then they went and took my money out of my bank a\c by D\D, so i have never been late paying any of my bills and last months bill has been paid twice,3 weeks later numerous phone calls to the unhelpful customer services who keep putting you on hold and swapping back the call from one to another having you give all your ID details a\c no to each one that eventually picks up the call, and having to go to my bank at thier request to prove the D\D went out of my a\c :mad:, i am still waiting for my money cant get out without paying a €25.00 EXIT FEE, well my contact will be up after another 2 bills and not another cent of my money will they ever see. Not worth the hassel when you have done nothing wrong, would hate to see what they would be like to people in arrears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

I'm not a fan of Airtricity, but in fairness you can't expect to make a payment 3 days before the due date and not expect the direct debit to be taken. Direct debits are usually presented to the bank for collection on the 11th day and then taken on the 14th day. And add to that the fact that payments made aren't likely to register on the provider's system for a few days anyway.

Unless you make payments a day or two after the bill is received, you can bet it'll come out by DD anyway. Same with most companies I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Nimbles

Generally payments made take up to five days to process and therefore you are putting yourself at risk of this happening by leaving it this close to the direct debit date to make a payment.

This could/would happen with any service provider such as UPC etc.

Advertisement