Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving BACK to Ireland re emergency tax etc

• 16-04-2012 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Yeah I’m one of the few going the other way, I’m moving home. Not got a scooby what I do about avoiding emergency tax when I start the new job. They don’t know either, I have to do something apparently. Anybody come home from moving abroad know what I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

In a word? Don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Have your last P45 and keep ringing Revenue's PAYE section until they get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Bring the sun with you.

HAWHAWHAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

If you're moving back to Ireland, tax is the least of your worries. Being deported or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yeah I’m one of the few going the other way, I’m moving home. Not got a scooby what I do about avoiding emergency tax when I start the new job. They don’t know either, I have to do something apparently. Anybody come home from moving abroad know what I do?

Get the new employer to download form P46 and tell them to get it off to the Revenue Commissioners pronto. They can also do it online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Simple. As soon as you start with your new employer ask them for their tax number and ring your regional tax office informing them that you have started work with this employer. They'll automatically send out a new tax credits certificate to you and your employer in response to this. As emergency tax is applied on a staged basis over 12 weeks this should sort out your tax long before you're paying too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

If you're moving back to Ireland, tax is the least of your worries. Being deported or something?

Father paralysed after a stroke, has to be done. I work in insurance, people always need it, so not worried.
    Get the new employer to download form P46 and tell them to get it off to the Revenue Commissioners pronto. They can also do it online.

Grand job, I asked them and they hadn't a clue:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Father paralysed after a stroke, has to be done. I work in insurance, people always need it, so not worried.

Hope he gets well soon.

Fair play on putting him first, many wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Grand job, I asked them and they hadn't a clue:confused:

http://www.revenue.ie/revsearch/search.jsp

Do a search for P46 and download the first pdf that comes up. The sooner they get it to the tax office, the sooner you get the right tax credits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Hope he gets well soon.

Fair play on putting him first, many wouldn't.

Cheers, Lord know he always put me first for long enough.:)
    http://www.revenue.ie/revsearch/search.jsp

Do a search for P46 and download the first pdf that comes up. The sooner they get it to the tax office, the sooner you get the right tax credits.

Great stuff, thanks, that's great:) Fecking hate emergency tax!

• Advertisement
Advertisement