Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost climbing gear on Benbulben

Options
  • 16-04-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hiking Benbulben yesterday. Did a bit of abseiling and rock climbing, however on coming to the latter activity I discovered I no longer had my boots or chalk bag with me.

They're a pair of Red Chili rock climbing boots (mostly red in colour with orange strips, black sole, lace ups not velcro) and also a chalk bag (mostly black and purple in colour with a little green symbol). Had them clipped onto the rucksack with a metal clip as I've done before but something must have snagged or caught :(.

Hiked across the top of Benbulben off the track up from Glencar waterfalls across to Turmore where abseiled down after setting up a few climbs.

If anybody came across them or knows of anyone lucking out on finding them, please PM me. Cash is so tight right now and can't replace them. Furious with myself for having lost them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

OP, best chance would be to call out to that area again and chat to some of the sheep farmers. They're most likely up there regularly with the lambing season etc.
    Maybe put the word out in Feeneys Garden Centre. Thats pretty close to where you were I'd say.
    Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Cheers Red Sean.

Took a spin up today but weather turned when I was up there so had to come back down. No lambing sheep on top the mountain, they've all been brought in for the season but not a bad idea to check out thanks.

Say it's lost in the heather somewhere or someone else picked it up as there were others out and about.

Merely clinging to the last fingers of hope that someone here might have it or heard something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Try giving Ocean FM a call and get them to put it out on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

I have a good mate in the mountain rescue, will make him aware of thread and I am sure if they find it you will here, Good luck, I know what it is like losing good kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Cheers Red Sean.

Took a spin up today but weather turned when I was up there so had to come back down. No lambing sheep on top the mountain, they've all been brought in for the season but not a bad idea to check out thanks.

Say it's lost in the heather somewhere or someone else picked it up as there were others out and about.

Merely clinging to the last fingers of hope that someone here might have it or heard something.
    Ask in the Garden centre,Liam the man that owns it is a farmer and would know all the farmers who own land on that mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Since it was a good day today, decided I'd take once last check on Benbulben before giving up on my Chili's.

So glad I did, found them halfway across the mountain just a little off the track I'd used. Third time lucky I guess :D. So frickin' delighted :D

Thanks to everyone here for helping out and their suggesstions. Nice to see community spirit is still alive and kicking even for those who don't know each other ;)

Advertisement