Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW 35 Captain Poll

• 16-04-2012 5:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A couple of Double GW'ers.

Arsenal v Chelsea
    Aston Villa v Sunderland
    Blackburn v Norwich
    Bolton v Swansea
    Fulham v Wigan
    Newcastle v Stoke
    QPR v Tottenham
    Man Utd v Everton
    Liverpool v West Brom
    Wolves v Man City

Aston Villa v Bolton

GW 35 Captain? 75 votes

Robin Van Persie
    0% 0 votes
    Wallcott
    4% 3 votes
    Torres
    0% 0 votes
    Mata
    0% 0 votes
    Sessegong
    0% 0 votes
    McClean
    1% 1 vote
    Dempsey
    0% 0 votes
    Moses
    4% 3 votes
    Cisse
    1% 1 vote
    Ben Arfa
    14% 11 votes
    Bale
    0% 0 votes
    Van DerVart
    1% 1 vote
    Rooney
    1% 1 vote
    Valencia
    13% 10 votes
    Young
    0% 0 votes
    Suarez
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Tevez
    26% 20 votes
    Silva
    25% 19 votes
    A Villa Player (DGW)
    1% 1 vote
    A Bolton Player (DGW)
    5% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cant' see a rush to get in Villa or Bolton players,let alone captain any of them.

Tevez gets the armband for me,Wolves to be hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Have brought Aguero in, and I'll be giving him the armband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thinking Dempsey or Rooney but would love to have Kun but that requires moving out Rooney or RVP so not sure what to do really.......all in all Dempsey for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Captain Bogdan all the way...........he's due a few clean sheets and at least one penalty save

Failing that option I'll go for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tevez for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just brought in Tevez for Rooney (IIRC he doesn't do well v Everton) so he's got the armband for now. Wigan's recent discovery of a set of balls rules out Dempsey, and Arsenal v Chelsea is very unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Would love to get either Kun or Tevez in but no way am I getting rid of RVP (gentle reminder of what he did to Chelsea earlier this year) or Rooney (not playing great yet scoring goals...). Have it on Cisse atm

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Whats Rooneys record 2 in 11 against Everton?

Subbed in Aguero for him, mauling of the season on the cards and Aguero is their top man for goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zerks wrote: »
    Cant' see a rush to get in Villa or Bolton players,let alone captain any of them.

I went with Stephen Ireland. Brought him in last week hoping for a 2 pointer at most and he delivered by not getting booked.

It's this week I'm hoping he'll pick up a few points. He's looked decent in the recent games I've seen him in. Great pass at the weekend to send Weimann racing clear at the start of the game against United.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I went with Stephen Ireland. Brought him in last week hoping for a 2 pointer at most and he delivered by not getting booked.

It's this week I'm hoping he'll pick up a few points. He's looked decent in the recent games I've seen him in. Great pass at the weekend to send Weimann racing clear at the start of the game against United.

I'm 15 points ahead in my league. I do think Rooney to Tevez could win the league for me. I also fancy Tevez against United in GW36.

Actually, when is Balloteli back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lemlin wrote: »

I'm 15 points ahead in my league. I do think Rooney to Tevez could win the league for me. I also fancy Tevez against United in GW36.

Actually, when is Balloteli back?

for the United game I think. but honestly I can't see him starting another game this season

I'm around 150 points behind the leaders in both of my leagues, so I said **** it and put the captaincy on Agbonlahor. Might as well give it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Think Cisse for me this week and hope it works. For the last month or so I have made the wrong Captain decision every week bar one and it is really annoying me and letting me down in my leagues but I can't see ronney scoring and RVP has lost his form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

zerks wrote: »

Would love to bring Tevez in but it will mess with my Double gameweek plans by using a transfer...

So Rooney it is... unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Sold Rooney for Tevez so Carlos is my captain this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Aguero for me, I have him, RVP & Rooney as my front 3. Am 14 pts clear in my work/money league so no point taking any risks. He should score at least 1 on Sunday.

None of the Bolton/Villa players stand out to do much over the 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Anybody think van der vaart is a crazy captain choice? Alternative is roo or rvp.

ABEasy wrote: »
    Anybody think van der vaart is a crazy captain choice? Alternative is roo or rvp.

Spurs are gone to the dogs and QPR at home are decent,I wouldn't captain any Spurs player this week.As Carlcon said before, "when in doubt,stick it on RVP"

Chelsea kept a clean sheet by some miracle vs Barca and will have one eye on the return leg so Arsenal should beat them.

Rooney hasn't done a lot over the years against his old club but now Everton are on a low ebb so you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Taking a chance on Dempsey. Last 3 games have been excellent and expect him to chip up with another goal today against wigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

RB100 wrote: »
    Sold Rooney for Tevez so Carlos is my captain this week

Have just done exactly the same, now time to pray, cross fingers or anything else that might help :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thanos wrote: »
    Have just done exactly the same, now time to pray, cross fingers or anything else that might help :p

same as that aswell, id say a lot of gang are taking a punt on this.

My swapping of RVP for Tevez is going to plan so far,RVP not doing much and got booked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement