Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Trek Con with Five Captains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

(well 4 Captains and a commandrer) appearing togather

Who's the Commander?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Who's the Commander?

From the linked article:
    To mark the occasion, actors William Shatner (Captain Kirk), Sir Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard), Avery Brooks (Commander Sisko), Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) and Scott Bakula (Captain Archer), who have commanded operations in each of their respective series based on the iconic TV franchise that began in 1966, will appear on stage together.
    Looks like they missed his promotion!

Looks like they missed his promotion!

And a cracking two parter :p

Edit - Or am I wrong? Was he promoted in Way Of The Warrior, or was it the season 3 finale with a loose changeling onboard the Defiant?

And a cracking two parter :p

Edit - Or am I wrong? Was he promoted in Way Of The Warrior, or was it the season 3 finale with a loose changeling onboard the Defiant?

The beginning of the S3 finale. They're kind of connected though, there's a scene at the start of Way of the Warrior where they're chasing Odo through the station to see how long it would take them to capture a changeling.

The beginning of the S3 finale

"Your too late. We're...everywhere"

I remember getting goosebumps when I heard that back was DS9 was airing. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Don't forget the Dominion saw fit to promote him before Star Fleet even though it was their experimentation of what would happen if the Dominion tried to seize control.

But officially it was the end of season 3, he better inform The Telegraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I'm looking forward to this alot. I've never been to a real trek convention, I managed to see the Experience in Vegas before it was shut down and I had an incredible time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Would love to go, have never been to a convention, on a Sisko related note. Did anyone see him the the documentary The Captains. The actor came across as very..odd

johnmryan wrote: »
    Would love to go, have never been to a convention, on a Sisko related note. Did anyone see him the the documentary The Captains. The actor came across as very..odd

Would also love to go, primarily because Brooks will be there. Agreed he came across in a bizarre way...I highly doubt he'll be like that at a convention though. He is capable of coming down to our level from time to time :p

The guy seemed a bits nuts alright.. A quick pic and i'll be outta there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

The prices for some of the tickets are crazy!

I reckon the £49 one is decent enough value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Looks like they're charging £500.00 for an autograph from each of the Captains. :eek:
    A part of me could almost justify it...

Wonder what the £3,000.00 VIP pass gets you?

It would want to be a me / Jolene Blalock / Jeri Ryan 3-way for that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Yeah the 49£ one is not bad, but in comparison to the other tickets you dont get much for it.

Ive always wanted a uniform and badge, but Ive seen other people with uniforms before and theyre pretty shabby - they dont look like the real mccoy at all!

There is a site selling uniforms online, VERY authentic, but as a result they are also VERY expensive! www.anovos.com

Still, even if you dont get a whole lot for the standard ticket it'd be cool to go.

I wonder if I'd manage to get a batleth back through customs when going back to Ireland? HA!:)

I wonder if I'd manage to get a batleth back through customs when going back to Ireland? HA!:)

A load of fully made up Klingons on a Ryanair flight. That's just crying out to be done.

It IS a good day to fly.

New additions to the convention are Martok, Gowron & B'Etor in full make up :) can't wait.

Love to have the cash to go to it, sounds incredible having all the big names & recurring characters there

Xithus wrote: »
    New additions to the convention are Martok, Gowron & B'Etor in full make up :) can't wait.

In full make up - would be fun to see but makes you wonder about their careers when they agree to turn up in full make up.

In full make up - would be fun to see but makes you wonder about their careers when they agree to turn up in full make up.

To be fair, I don't think I'd recognise Martok like this:

Hertzler_fedcon_2012.JPG

Why? :confused: If they turned up in normal clothing would it make any odds?

• Advertisement

@EarthlyPangaea - That's True
    @EnterNow - I think its great for the fans, but, do you think an actor who went on to have an accomplished career would turn up in full Klingon make up...? For example could you see Jeri Ryan turn up on her borg outfit?:eek:

@EarthlyPangaea - That's True
    @EnterNow - I think its great for the fans, but, do you think an actor who went on to have an accomplished career would turn up in full Klingon make up...? For example could you see Jeri Ryan turn up on her borg outfit?:eek:

The ones showing up in full makeup probably arn't as successful as they'd like to be, & as such, they may as well do the show no? Also, they could very well just want to do it?

I fail to see how the makeup could determine if they are successful or not.

The ones showing up in full makeup probably arn't as successful as they'd like to be, & as such, they may as well do the show no? Also, they could very well just want to do it?

I fail to see how the makeup could determine if they are successful or not.

I can see how it would. ;) As I say I think it's great that they are showing up in make up, would love to see them on stage.

TOS guests appearing: Walter Koenig (Chekov) and Arlene Martel (T’Pring in “Amok Time”)

Enterprise guests appearing
    : Connor Trinner (Trip) and Dominic Keating (Reed)

From Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con:

WAI8u.jpg

Gotta love Brooks! Himself and Stewart look younger if anything now than they did 20 years ago, amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Smile, Smile, Smile, Growl, Smile.

Mulgrew looks p*ssed off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Chase Masterson announced. Another two good reasons to go. :D

Saavik also announced. I'm actually getting quite tempted to go now. There seems to be alot of high profile guests now attending.

Surely this is the most amount of high profile characters to ever attend a convention? Really would love to go

Surely this is the most amount of high profile characters to ever attend a convention? Really would love to go

Certainly for this side of the Atlantic. I think it's going to reach a critical mass soon when it will be in best interest of anyone from the TV incarnations to become involved in the show. It's like the captains are the anchor store in a massive shopping centre. All the smaller shops will fall over themselves to get under the same roof (pre-recession times of course)!

Would love to see more DS9 cast attend. They have some great characters outside the main cast.

• Advertisement

Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, Shran) and Casey Biggs (Damar) announced.

Two of my favourite trek actors. Will almost certainly attend now. Never been to a Trek convention. :D

Advertisement