Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diagnostic Radiography

Options
  • 16-04-2012 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to do diagnostic radiography in UCD but the points are high (535-550). I was wondering if there was a longer way of getting to UCD.. ie. doing another short course before hand. If anyone knows another course I could do please let me know.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 scatriona

Lauren, have you considered the UK? 1. the points are much lower and 2. it's only 3 years compared to a VERY long 4 years at UCD! Also, they do a lot more clinical placement there which is very beneficial.....
    Obviously, if you can't move then this advice is worthless!

Scatriona

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I agree with above here... a friend of mine got a scholarship to do Radiography in England... and he only had 475. They are crying out for Radiographers in the UK, and there are way more spaces...

As for entry to this particular course, it's really just on points and mature entry, as far as I know(open to correction here). There are only 40 places in the course, and competition for those places is intense. If you don't getting the points, look at the UK, thats my advice...

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Im in the same situation. I really want to do radiography. Could anyone have a rough estimate on how much the points will increase this year?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on a few points about Radiography in UCD.

1: What are the hours like(in college)?

2: Where is the course based ie where do you do your lectures?

3: Is there many jobs available in Ireland?

4: If I did one year of radiography would it be acceptable to skip Pre med if I decided to go for medicine after first year?

5: What is the pay like in the beginning and are there opportunities to increase it by much with more experience etc?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated :)

Advertisement