Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your system of choice?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people play the most.

I'd spend about 80% of my gaming time on the PC I reckon. The rest on the PS3.

System of choice 127 votes

PC
    0%
    PS3
    49%
    ShiminayMaximilianmewsoSir Digby Chicken CaesarRopeDrinkSpearDcullytuxyJilmSarnSkerriesKilOit[Deleted User]glynfionapaulDacelonidBizzyCnorrie ruggerHavermeyerTheDoc 63 votes
    Xbox 360
    23%
    Dont be at yourselftoxofRoarOtaconAnCapaillMorRedXIVPaparazzogent9662The SparrowJosey Wales2smiggyancapailldorchaJames Bong 79spookymuffinsarumitePennMcGrath5bluestripe93Glico Manmarvsins 30 votes
    Wii
    22%
    super_furryBeruthielmisequarrymanmcgovernSmoggyMr. KhighfivePedro MonscoochMyrddinCaptain ChaosRaoulscooby2791Potential-MonkepassingthroughCMpunkedhightower1Yell0 ManLordhogojaykhunter 29 votes
    DS/3DS
    1%
    richymcdermottDozen Wicked Words 2 votes
    PSP/Vita
    2%
    Mr Eghostchantpdbhp 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

PS3
    PC 90% of the time. The xbox for the other 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wii
    I'd say 60% on 360, 25% PC, 10% PSP/PSP Vita and 5% IOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PS3
    90% -PC
    10% - PS vita
    i own ps3,360,3ds, but i havent turned those on this year at all. ps3 is being turned on now and then as misses loves netflix. i dont think ps3 will be used now even for netflix. i have my old gaming PC connected to telly, so she is watching shameless on "4OD" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wii
    I think boards is quite PC-user heavy so i'd expect that option to win out.

I just bought a gaming PC but i'm having a rough time getting used to keyboard and mouse so i still prefer using an Xbox 360 joypad. I just like the feel of it best. But if it has controller support and available on PC, it's PC from now on :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I suppose pc. I've a good one, so any multiplatform release looks better on it then on the consoles. And i know more people who play the pc version. But i also buy console games quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Xbox 360
    Currently its 80% PS3, 15% PC and 5% DS.

Though looking at building a gaming rig soon and expect to see my PS3 and PC %ages reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,347 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PS3
    AwHereItGoesKenanAndKel.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Xbox 360
    50% PC and 50% PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

DS/3DS
    50/50 Wii and PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

75% Vita, 25% 3DS at the moment,as I am without a TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

PS3
    90% PC 9% xbox and 1% 3DS i'd say
    big difference from last year where it was 90% xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wii
    No SNES/Megadrive option? Pfft., noobs :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PS3
    About 80% PC, 10% PSP, 5% 360, 5% Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

PS3
    PC master race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Xbox 360
    I tend to use the PS3 the most. Any games that are released on the PS3 or 360 I tend to buy on the PS3 unless there are big performance differences. Mainly just buy platform exclusive games on the 360.

I just unhooked my Wii at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

DS/3DS
    Used to be ps3 95% wii 4% psp 1%

but right now its

Ps3 0% wii 40% Pc 30% 3Ds 30%

Ps3 has feck all lately only games im interested in is yakuza dead souls , journey and ico&sotc collection

All my top wanted games are on wii and 3ds plus im saving for a gaming pc so looks like my ps3 going to be collecting dust for awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 METS 1B

PS3
    iMac with windows

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PS3
    PC/Mac... and iPhone.

Then PS3. Lastly DS (would've been PS2 but mine's dead).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

PS3
    90% PC and the rest on xbox and Wii.
    Although I have been known to play the same game on both PC and xbox, Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect.

What normally happens is a Steam sale and I think, oooooh Mass Effect for €5 and Mirror's Edge for €3 etc... I'm sure I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PSP/Vita
    4RBO.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wii
    I do use the 360 more, thanks to MW3 MP, but i would prefer the PS3 (their online just doesn't cut it for online FPS).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xbox 360
    Mostly PS3, some 360. My rule was always PS3 for single-player games (like Assassin's Creed, which is SP but has MP), 360 for multiplayer games (COD which is MP, but has SP) and I just tend to mostly play single player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PS3
    I'm 100% PC these days

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

PS3
    Used to be mainly Xbox but got a new PC and now its mainly the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

PS3
    I have a Wii but I loaned it to my nephew and never saw it again, it's appeal had worn off anyway. I've been PC since DOS, any foray I've had into the console world has gone horribly and now I just don't see any reason for owning one when I have a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

PS3
    sense prevails ;)

50500_332561550002_3894078_n.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PS3
    Skerries wrote: »
    PC Hocus Pocus

You're missing out on some real gems if you stick to one platform tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

PS3
    Pc for most, but will play on consoles(360 or ps3) if pad is better(for example racing games) or to play with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I don't really have a preference in terms of platform. My choice will be whatever platform the game I want to play is either available on or, all things considered, offers the best experience on.

Currently that means:

PC: BF3, Resident Evil 4, Bit.Trip Runner
    360: Fez
    PS3: Journey

I see absolutely no point in sticking to one platform if it limits the games I'm able to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

20% 360, 20% PS3, 20% Mac, 20% 3DS, 20% Wii, 20% PSP, 5% maths homework.

Advertisement