Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your system of choice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

PS3
    90% PC
    9% PS3
    1% Wii (really need to play skyward sword!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wii
    85% xbox
    15% IOS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

PS3
    PC 95% of the time. I keep a PS3 mostly for Blurays and Netflix in the front room and the odd console exclusive I can't otherwise sample. Red Dead and GT5 at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PS3
    20% 360, 20% PS3, 20% Mac, 20% 3DS, 20% Wii, 20% PSP, 5% maths homework.

125%? How do you compress your time so much? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

PS3
    125%? How do you compress your time so much? :(
    Easily; play two systems at the time (console and handheld for example or handheld on loading screens/deaths etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PS3
    i like how some people try to be politicly correct: i love all of my consoles and if you are a proper gamer, then you will like/have all of the consoles. :D

that really falls apart when you are faced with multyplatform releases. there will be always that one little pet, that you will love more then others! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

125%? How do you compress your time so much?

A wizard did it.
    that really falls apart when you are faced with multyplatform releases. there will be always that one little pet, that you will love more then others! ;)

It's more retaining some hint of rationality about the strengths and weaknesses of a particular platform.

I'd often pick a 360 multi-plat game so I don't have to put up with the obnoxious install and update times of the PS3. On the other hand, the 360 constantly growls like a lion, while the PS3's more logical wallet system makes it an attractive proposition for downloadable games. Without a PS3, I'd have missed out on the plethora of great platform exclusives. Ditto with 360. And there are some games that run better on a particular console, for either technical or control reasons.

So no, it's not fanboyism: it's having a clear head and deciding on a case by case basis why a particular format benefits a particular game.

PS3
    A wizard did it.

It's more retaining some hint of rationality about the strengths and weaknesses of a particular platform.

I'd often pick a 360 multi-plat game so I don't have to put up with the obnoxious install and update times of the 360. On the other hand, the 360 constantly growls like a lion, while the PS3's more logical wallet system makes it an attractive proposition for downloadable games. Without a PS3, I'd have missed out on the plethora of great platform exclusives. Ditto with 360. And there are some games that run better on a particular console, for either technical or control reasons.

So no, it's not fanboyism: it's having a clear head and deciding on a case by case basis why a particular format benefits a particular game.

Well D'oh, obviously people will prefer one or another, no pointlisting out advantages and disadvantages of each platform, nothing new or special there, but as we see you prefer 360. Case closed, neutrality gone!

I do get exclusive games that come out on consoles, but for multiplatforms I do choose pc. There is nothing sinister in admiting you prefer one platform to other.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xbox 360

I'd often pick a 360 multi-plat game so I don't have to put up with the obnoxious install and update times of the 360. On the other hand, the 360 constantly growls like a lion, while the PS3's more logical wallet system makes it an attractive proposition for downloadable games. Without a PS3, I'd have missed out on the plethora of great platform exclusives. Ditto with 360. And there are some games that run better on a particular console, for either technical or control reasons.

Reported for using logic on the internet.

PS3
    Just to add:

Thread is about: what you play most. there is no way you give each platform same amount of time, so why would anyone get a defensive neutral position when answering this question. That is , sort of, missing the point of thread.

No one asks which platform is better in this thread, this thread asks you as individual on which platform you spend most time at particular time period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

there is no way you give each platform same amount of time

Yes, there really is.

PS3
    Yes, there really is.

Are you sitting there with stop watch and play 30min cycles and swapimg console On the fly? Impresive :D

Are you sitting there with stop watch and play 30min cycles and swapimg console On the fly? Impresive :D

No, I simply play what I want to play at any given moment. I am predominantly playing 3DS at the moment, because of Kid Icarus and Strange Journey. But then I am switching back to PSP to play Ys 1 & 2. Console wise, one day I will play Fez, Last Story the next, and a level or two of Disgaea 4 at the weekend. Oh, and getting back into Civilisation 5 is looking enticing when I finish the above.

On any given day the balance isn't even, because that would be ****ing ridiculous. Overall, however, everything evens out quite nicely. I do not see how this is in anyway unusual, sinister or militantly neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wii

Are you sitting there making a pie chart of your gaming cycle? Impressive :D

PS3
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Are you sitting there making a pie chart of your gaming cycle? Impressive :D

MMMmmmm...... PIE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well D'oh, obviously people will prefer one or another, no pointlisting out advantages and disadvantages of each platform, nothing new or special there, but as we see you prefer 360. Case closed, neutrality gone!

I do get exclusive games that come out on consoles, but for multiplatforms I do choose pc. There is nothing sinister in admiting you prefer one platform to other.
    But there are people who don't really prefer one platform to another. I prefer my FPS titles on the PC which is why I'm playing BF3 on it. That didn't stop me from buying Bad Company 2 on the 360 though. Why? Well I had already played BC1 on it and enjoyed the hell out of it, the BC series, as a primarily console orientated-series, also felt fine on the 360 and a bunch of the folk I played BC1 online with would be playing it on the 360 too. With racing and sports games, despite often looking and running better on the PC and having the ability to be controlled with a pad regardless, I'll generally buy them for the console as I just prefer playing those games from the comfort of my couch and being able to play local multiplayer more easily. RTS games are simply a no-go on consoles as far as I'm concerned. Indie games get a fairly even split between PC and console, depending more on the platform they're available for. The only time it gets really tricky is with third person action-orientated games. Here it'll simply depend on the title again. For instance, as it stands I'll be getting Hitman Absolution on the PC but I have Darksiders 2 pre-ordered for the 360.

Now, if you were to put a gun to my head and tell me I had to give up all but one platform then the winner would obviously be the PC but that's not the question that was asked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

PS3
    75% PC
    23% PS3 (Nearly all Fifa and Tiger Woods)
    2% 360

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PS3
    PC 100% here, my 360 is now solely a media player.
    Since my son got hold of my old PC he too is 100% PC with his 360 gathering dust.
    LOL even my 6 year old girl wants to play her brothers PC only since she discovered minecraft creative mode :) her DS and Wii havent got a look in.

RTS games are simply a no-go on consoles as far as I'm concerned

Personally id add racing games to that list,[i play realistic sims primarily for my racing fix, i dislike arcade racers with a passion as their pretty much all the same to me]
    Nothing like hooking up a good wheel and pedals to a proper racing sim.
    If i was into the arcare racers id quite happily sit there with a pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Dcully wrote: »
    Personally id add racing games to that list,[i play realistic sims primarily for my racing fix, i dislike arcade racers with a passion as their pretty much all the same to me]
    Nothing like hooking up a good wheel and pedals to a proper racing sim.
    If i was into the arcare racers id quite happily sit there with a pad.
    Aye, you've mentioned your penchant for sim-based racers before alright, they do seem to have a natural home on the PC although one could say the same for most of the sim-based games in the other genres too I guess. I'm curious though, do you not consider Gran Turismo or Forza, with all assists turned off, to be sim enough?

I only ask because my idea of a racing is, generally speaking, when you use your opponent to take a corner without letting off on the accelerator. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

PS3
    Going to be honest here and show my age. I never gotten used to those console controllers. It's doesn't feel natural, and is so clumsy & imprecise.

So, 100% PC for me (ok, the odd game on Android phone).

I do see a few console only games that I'd love to play, but the controllers really put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

PS3
    And PC gaming is supposed to be dead!

PS3
    danthefan wrote: »
    And PC gaming is supposed to be dead!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! not so loud!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PS3
    I'm curious though, do you not consider Gran Turismo or Forza, with all assists turned off, to be sim enough?

No, try something like rfactor,lfs,GTR2,GPL and then you will understand why, take it further again with iracing,netkar or GSC.

PS3
    Dcully wrote: »
    No, try something like rfactor,lfs,GTR2,GPL and then you will understand why, take it further again with iracing,netkar or GSC.

I can't wait to get one more 2312hm for my multy monitor setup and after that I will be getting g27. Finnaly I will be able to enjoy proper racing.

Advertisement