Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 player left upstairs on 409 Bus (Parkmore)

Options
  • 16-04-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Kinda what it says on the tin. I was sitting upstairs on the double-decker 409 to Parkmore leaving the square around quarter to 12 and got off in Parkmore at quarter past. I rang them immediately but there's no sign of it. It didn't get up and walk away so, unfortunately, I can only assume someone pocketed it and didn't hand it in. It's my own fault for putting it down in the first place but I would not like to think that someone has stolen it. If you've seen it, please hand it in to the Bus Éireann offices.

It's a small, all black Creative Zen - http://www.gadgetsnano.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Creative-ZEN-X-Fi3-MP3-Player-with-Bluetooth.jpg - looks like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Surrealean wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Kinda what it says on the tin. I was sitting upstairs on the double-decker 409 to Parkmore leaving the square around quarter to 12 and got off in Parkmore at quarter past. I rang them immediately but there's no sign of it. It didn't get up and walk away so, unfortunately, I can only assume someone pocketed it and didn't hand it in. It's my own fault for putting it down in the first place but I would not like to think that someone has stolen it. If you've seen it, please hand it in to the Bus Éireann offices.

It's a small, all black Creative Zen - http://www.gadgetsnano.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Creative-ZEN-X-Fi3-MP3-Player-with-Bluetooth.jpg - looks like this.

That wouldn't be classed as stealing, more of a find. Let's hope you get it back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

liammur wrote: »
    That wouldn't be classed as stealing, more of a find.
    It is very much stealing. If you find something that isn't yours you are legally obliged to take reasonable steps to find the owner before you can claim it as your own. For something found on a Galway bus reasonable steps would mean contacting the bus station and/or Mill Street. If it wasn't an MP3 player that someone found but was a first communion card with money in it and the name and address on the front would you still say it's not stealing and 'finders, keepers' applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's tough going OP, don't forget to ask in the Garda station if anyone left it in. Awful long shot but no harm in making a quick phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

If it wasn't an MP3 player that someone found but was a first communion card with money in it and the name and address on the front would you still say it's not stealing and 'finders, keepers' applies?

I wouldn't term that stealing. However, I do believe it should be given back to the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

I had my creative nicked over a year ago.i still have the docking station ..if you get back your mp3 player you can have it if you like, it's no use to me and I've gone off creative products..to expensive for what they are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement