Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have 2 weeks off....

• 16-04-2012 7:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi guys,

Essentially, I have to take 2 weeks off work before mid-July lest I lose them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas of things I could do/places to see on a smallish budget (few hundred pounds).

Go raibh maith agat.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I assume you mean euros... go find the cheapest you can on ryanair.com and go somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Buy a monkey and play snakes and ladders with it. Monkeys love that shit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've done no travelling whatsoever and I'd be going solo. Not something I've done before. Thanks for the response though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

MadYaker wrote: »
    I assume you mean euros... go find the cheapest you can on ryanair.com and go somewhere.
    Have a look at his/her location. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MadYaker wrote: »

Unlikley, he;s in Oxford.

I know I'n baised here, but I'd recommended Berlin for a city break on a budget. As MadYaker said, Ryanair (or Easyjet) and the you can have fun here on the balance.

That are just rent a car and drive and for a long drive. Coast is nice, I hear.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Well, the Volvo Ocean Race finishes up in Galway in June. Not sure of dates off hand but easily checked out on line. When it was here mid race (2 years ago?) it was fantastic.Fabulous atmosphere,loads of free music around and about the place,great market and no end of fun to be had.I would really recommend a trip to Galway to check it out!That's my input.Have fun whatever!

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Unlikley, he;s in Oxford.

I know I'n baised here, but I'd recommended Berlin for a city break on a budget. As MadYaker said, Ryanair (or Easyjet) and the you can have fun here on the balance.

That are just rent a car and drive and for a long drive. Coast is nice, I hear.

oh yeah, forgot the other ones

http://www.grouponreisen.de/
    how cool does this look
    http://www.grouponreisen.de/4860414

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Buy World of Warcraft. It'll last more than 2 weeks. You won't even have to leave the house. Stock up on fast food.

When you get the hang of it, play pvp and treat yourself to a bag of charles. The 2 go together. I heard off someone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If you're going to travel on your own then stay in a hostel in a big dorm. That's the easiest way of finding other people to hang out and do touristy stuff with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

interrailing around some of europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

What the hell is going on with AH??? So many serious replies :eek:

Catch yourself some spiders and pass the time watching them race eachother.

And give me the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Archeron

What the hell is going on with AH??? So many serious replies :eek:

Catch yourself some spiders and pass the time watching them race eachother.

And give me the cash

I've lots of spiders I can give you, and these ones are big enough to put roller skates on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

A nice painting holiday in the West of Ireland. It's a two storey house but you should get it done in two weeks. I'll make tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Plazaman wrote: »
    A nice painting holiday in the West of Ireland. It's a two storey house but you should get it done in two weeks. I'll make tay.

I spat coffee. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ah yes, i didn't see his location. You been to London? I haven't I suggest you go there for a few days, great city!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've been a few times but never for too long. Nice idea, might look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cork is the centre of the universe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Many places around the UK worth visiting.

Though my favourite suggestion so far was definitely the monkey and snakes and ladders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

ryanair it to eastern europe. Stay in hostels. you can fly to Zadar for cheap. Start there and work your way slowly west. Very cheap in these parts and a lot to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Oxford is nice at that time of year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I bet you're one of those people that Billy Connolly had a go at, years ago. If you haven't seen the Highlands, head up to Glasgow and hit the buses to Fort William, Aviemore or Aberdeen. I'd avoid Inverness, though - a town killed by tourism is there ever was one.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Hi guys,

Essentially, I have to take 2 weeks off work before mid-July lest I lose them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas of things I could do/places to see on a smallish budget (few hundred pounds).

Go raibh maith agat.

Try 1998 OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Choose a region in Europe that attracts you and go explore. You could make your way around from place to place, even alternate between hotels and camping and get to see town and countryside. Don't know what you're into OP if you're looking for burds or beering or pony camps or what but some places I recommend are Croatia's Plitvice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plitvice_Lakes_National_Park, south of Italy, or Rhône-Alpes & Côte d'Azur.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

1 day of coke and hookers and 13 days fapping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

forfuxsake wrote: »
    1 day of coke and hookers and 13 days fapping.

Fapping first or coke and hookers first?
    Those hookers have tricks man. You need fap training to counter that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

bnt wrote: »
    I bet you're one of those people that Billy Connolly had a go at, years ago. If you haven't seen the Highlands, head up to Glasgow and hit the buses to Fort William, Aviemore or Aberdeen. I'd avoid Inverness, though - a town killed by tourism is there ever was one.

Scotland is great, having previously lived in Edinburgh and currently living in Glasgow. But giving the choice, for a roughly similar cost, eastern Europe in July or Scotland? hmm....that's a tough one.

Scotland is great, having previously lived in Edinburgh and currently living in Glasgow. But giving the choice, for a roughly similar cost, eastern Europe in July or Scotland? hmm....that's a tough one.

I'm inclined to go with either Eastern Europe or Rome/Amsterdam. I like history, hence Rome and I'd be on my own as well. Thanks to everyone who replied so far!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Diablo III will be on the market from 15th of May

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/d3/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Amsterdam baby!!

It's an absolutely beautiful city. The architecture is amazing. There's buildings made from hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Spend two weeks drinking whiskey day and night and listening to this song over and over and over and over and over again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Crystal Meth really passes the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Hey. What did ya decide on?? I'm off fr 4 weeks, same reason as yerself and have a week over me already. Gettin bored now too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

On a serious note... you could check out a site like skyscanner.ie . It'll show you the cheapest flights everywhere in the dates your looking at. Just ut in the dates, chose your point of departure and leave your destination blank. There's a few others like it, but I can't remember their names.

Or buy an xbox and prestige in call of duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Perhaps buy yourself some heroin and sleeping bag and start chasing the dragon on bachelors walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

a dirty fortnight? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Flick the bean, and all will be fine.

girl2 wrote: »
    Hey. What did ya decide on?? I'm off fr 4 weeks, same reason as yerself and have a week over me already. Gettin bored now too!

Not 100% sure yet. Only got told today about the 2 weeks. I reckon it'll have to be a trip abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

You should go to London, I have been there loads of times but there is an never ending amount of things to do.

Or Amsterdam, my second favourite city. It really is an experience going there; everyone speaks English, the architecture is amazing and it is just so interesting to experience a completely different, laid back society.

danslevent wrote: »
    You should go to London, I have been there loads of times but there is an never ending amount of things to do.

Or Amsterdam, my second favourite city. It really is an experience going there; everyone speaks English, the architecture is amazing and it is just so interesting to experience a completely different, laid back society.

Never been to Amsterdam. It's on my to do list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement