Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballynonty to feature on Dirty Old Towns this week

Options
  • 16-04-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

The new memorial garden in Ballynonty is due to be featured on Dirty Old Towns on RTE this week.

It's not quiet a Dirty Old Town, just a great project that involved a lot of the local community there.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/dirtyoldtowns/BALLYNONTY.html

Should be worth a look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

I drove pass that about two weeks ago was a load school children at a garden like thing no idea what for.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Now you know.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

They done a great job on that garden,fair play to them.I must have a closer look next time I'm passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

I have to say what a wonderful job they did on the memorial garden I was quite emotional last night watching the programme. Well done to all involved. I am not from the area im actually from Portarlington which also features in the show. you gave us some great ideas to have a small memorial garden ourselves, such a lovely feature for the area.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Yeh, saw the program myself and it was quite sad but uplifting at the same time. I saw the garden during the contruction stage and haven't seen the completed version yet. Next time i'm back in the village I must have a look. Great work from such a small village.

Link to RTE player http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1145666

• Advertisement
Advertisement