Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying ammo in northen ireland??

Options
  • 16-04-2012 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can you buy ammo up north? i live pretty close to the border and was wondering if i could buy ammo in newry and if its much cheaper??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To purchase ammo in the North when living in the South you need an import license form the DoJ, and a visitor's pass from the PSNI to carry the ammo while in the North. Between the import from DoJ, and visitor's permit from PSNI you may be waiting up to 4-5 weeks.

As to price. I'm not 100% sure how much cheaper it would be. Perhaps a few calls to the likes of Tannyoky guns (probably the nearest over the border shop), and compare prices before goin through all the trouble of importing.

Also the import is free, but there is a minimal fee for the visitior's permit (IIRC)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I was in Home,field and Streams in Enniskillen a few months ago and i priced ammo for the swift. He was £42 a box of 20 which is mental money and he also said I would need a European licence before he can sell them to me. I didn't want them at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

i think i'll just stick to the south. seams to be too much hassel for a few boxes of rounds :rolleyes::D

Advertisement