Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Token cards?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I've been browsing these threads and I am slightly confused.

I just moved to a new flat which has a token meter inside for my 'lectrity. However - the cards it takes are not the plastic cards a friend of mine had at her flat, but rather, they're single-use, cardboard with a mag strip kind like in the middle of the picture http://www.digicard.co.uk/assets/pic6.jpg. And I have no idea where to get these besides the landlord who is a PITA to deal with and I'd rather avoid. Does anyone know where these cards are available if they are or if I really have to go up to the landlord to get them. And, is this kind of a card meter the kind where I am paying off someone else's existing debts, or what exactly is the story here?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi NoxNox,

This doesn't sound like any meter that an electricity provider would install for a customer (which should look something like this), but possibly a device your landlord has installed him/herself.

If this is the case, your only option is to discuss this with the landlord. This device would have nothing to do with the meter installed by ESB Networks (who install and maintain electricity meters and look after the grid) which would still be operating as normal.

Can you post a picture of the meter itself by any chance? And have you transferred the electricity account to your own name?

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement