If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do RS have sell TVs that can Record Saorview?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just thinking about my technically clueless parents after switching to Saorview, are there any easy options for recording tv?

I know there are probably boxes out there with built-in recording capabilities but I want to get rid of their old CRTs and replace them with 32" tvs.

Are there any tvs out there that can record straight to USB or will I have to buy a seperate box for doing that?

Thanks.

EDIT: Mods I know I asked in HE General but I wanted to ask the Richersounds guys aswell so please don't delete, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

the samsung smart tvs records the saorview, you will need to plug a harddrive into the side, quality is excellent, they also have freesat and can record from that too.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Thargor,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

Beaver got it spot on. The new Samsung and Panasonic range allow you to record on to an external hard drive.

Check the links below for more info:

Samsung - http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40es7000/sams-ue40es7000

Panasonic - http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et5b/pana-txl42et5b

Great to see most of the new Panasonic range are now Saorview approved. :D

Let me know whar you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for that Kenny, no way will I get them to part with a grand though, anything cheaper or will I just have wait and see what gets released?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks for that Kenny, no way will I get them to part with a grand though, anything cheaper or will I just have wait and see what gets released?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue32es5500/sams-ue32es5500

Just having a look at this new Sammy 32" LED - it's not Saorview approved yet but I'm pretty sure that it will do what you want and it's £479.95... and I can do that price including delivery..

Sorry for coming late to the party...and as ever keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brilliant, thanks for the tip and the offer, Ill look into it.

Please keep me in mind if you see anything similar come into the shop.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.