Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice wireless cctv monitor

Options
  • 16-04-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have retail business attached to my house and I have a cctv system which has a monitor in a back room,but now I am rewiring the whole house I want to have an extra monitor in a kitchen.The electrician has installed extra cable to allow this but now I am wondering if it is possible to use a small portable lcd t.v. with an A.V. sender system so we can monitor from other rooms etc. Thinking of a tv like
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5988790/art/energy-sistem/portable-multimedia-tv-en.html

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Over a local WiFi network may be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

The AV sender would be fine for hooking up to other rooms with existing TVs, although if you were only getting the one and moving it around, you'd have to check signal quality in each room. AV senders are notoriously inconsistent, so I really wouldn't go this route myself.

The little TV you linked to isn't really fit for purpose at all either, I don't see how it would interface with an AV transmitter? unless you were going to carry around both the receiver and the TV?

Koolkid is right. If you want a portable screen, the best thing to get would be a WI-FI only tablet device, kitted out with the relevant app for viewing your DVR. That is assuming the DVR is networked or could be networked to either a router in the Retail premises or your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

Although the technology to convert from video to DVB-T does exist(albeit for HDMI only, as far as I can find), so you could, in theory, get one of these http://www.tvconverters.co.uk/hdmi-to-dvbt.html and tune in from the little TV you linked to on pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Thanks for the info guys.Might change my mind on av sender so if signal quality is poor , the walls are mass concrete!

Advertisement