Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar panel quotes

• 16-04-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any taughts/ or recommendations to help me out. I've been getting quotes for solars panels, all in all around the same price. But these have been kingspan theromax systems. Today I got a quote for a joule energy system, which is around 600€ cheaper for the 300l system we had been quoted. Just wondering if anyone have any experience with either system and is one €600 better then the other?
    We are buying a 2300sqft bungalow with just the 2 of us at the moment.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to RE forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

There is a plethora of suppliers, all of whose panels have EN12975 certification. I've seen very few instances of panels failing, but there are hundreds of cases of systems failing.

The installation standard is key to how well the system will work. Getting a system sized to meet your needs. This involves factors such as;

Water use (whether you tend to shower or bath for example)
    Whether house is always occupied (if there are long holidays, and you have tubes, you should, ideally, include a heat dump, and this will allow you to use a larger panel and extend the operating season)
    Orientation of the house
    Distance from panel to cylinder
    Whether or not the system is to meet Part L to avail of grant (which might or might not be feasible in such a large house)

A good company should be able to produce the DEAP software data for the system they propose and a computer simulation based on the panel and cylinder, your geographical location etc., which will tell you roughly how many KwHrs your system should produce.

System design is probably more important than the brand of panels used.

Advertisement