Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm

Options
  • 16-04-2012 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

This is really bothering me and I want to get to the end of it,

I installed a HKC system, zones, shocks, external sabb etc..

Everything is setup to EN 50131 defaults, I programmed all the zones IE entry/exit - panic - alarm etc.

However when I arm the alarm it is arming properly then when you open the door, pass the pir it is doing nothing!

Any ideas? This happened me before and it was a simple settings which now I cannot remember what it was and it is really bugging me.

All help is gratefully appreciated.

Dara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

DJMG92 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

This is really bothering me and I want to get to the end of it,

I installed a HKC system, zones, shocks, external sabb etc..

Everything is setup to EN 50131 defaults, I programmed all the zones IE entry/exit - panic - alarm etc.

However when I arm the alarm it is arming properly then when you open the door, pass the pir it is doing nothing!

Any ideas? This happened me before and it was a simple settings which now I cannot remember what it was and it is really bugging me.

All help is gratefully appreciated.

Dara

Hi Dara,

Is the PIR in the hall, is it set up for access? What this means is once an entry/exit point has opened the PIR will go into access to allow you get to the keypad to disarm the system without setting it off if you have to go by the PIR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Yep it is indeed,

None of the zones seem to be doing anything like the windows/doors are not activating a alarm when it is armed.

Yep it is indeed,

None of the zones seem to be doing anything like the windows/doors are not activating a alarm when it is armed.

Have you walk tested the system to verify the sensors are working. What HKC system have you installed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you walk test the zones do the activate when open & closed?
    Have you changed any attributes like soak test or double knock?

The walk test is also doing nothing?

Secure Watch 812 is the system

• Advertisement

Soak and double knock are also off

The walk test is also doing nothing?

Secure Watch 812 is the system

Can you disconnect a zone in the control panel and see if that shows the zone open?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And does any zone show open in open zones?
    Is zone hardware set up correctly for EOL ?

All zones are set for no eol? is that wrong?

Also when I disconnect it shows open zone.

All zones are set for no eol? is that wrong?

Also when I disconnect it shows open zone.

If there are no resistors fitted then that is correct.
    If you remove the cable from the zone in the control panel and it shows open it also rules out an issue with the panel.
    Cabling of the sensors might be the issue or the cable itself.

• Advertisement

Yeh there is no resistors, my apologies it didnt actually show open zone, it only showed open tamper when the panel lid was opened.

Seems the zones are not been recognized by the system, there is 5 zones, the rest are set to un used.

Yeh there is no resistors, my apologies it didnt actually show open zone, it only showed open tamper when the panel lid was opened.

Seems the zones are not been recognized by the system, there is 5 zones, the rest are set to un used.

Might be a stupid question but did you remove the links that where in place in the zones you are using before wiring your zones into the alarm and tamper in the control panel? If you remove the tamper does that show up as open?

I did indeed,

Yep they did show as open.

I did indeed,

Yep they did show as open.

Had to ask :D

The panel is faulty so. Did you get this panel new?

Haha,

Yep I did indeed about 3 weeks ago!

Haha,

Yep I did indeed about 3 weeks ago!

Should of went for a SecureWave. Much better value for the little difference in cost.

The system is been brought back tomorrow, might get that one instead!

The system is been brought back tomorrow, might get that one instead!

At lease with the SecureWave you have the option of adding wire free sensors as well should you have problems down the road with cables also does voice and text with a DTV added. Depending on the service provider for text :D

Secure watch is a bit old & dated at this stage all right.
    Having said that its a strange enough error.
    Just to double check . You did disconnect the zone while leaving the tamper closed off?

Disconnecting both and try would be a better option, then test in the open inputs and tamper menu.

• Advertisement

Yep I did indeed.

Thanks for all the help guys :D

Will try it again tomorrow evening and let you's know. :)

Yep I did indeed.

Thanks for all the help guys :D

Your welcome, let us know if you have any other problems

No problem, its annoying a new panel doing that.
    Spend a few quid more & you could have something nicerlike this with a nice webserver & remote access.;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    No problem, its annoying a new panel doing that.
    Spend a few quid more & you could have something nicerlike this with a nice webserver & remote access.;)

Funny enough you cant monitor the system with the web-server.

Do you mean self monitor or ARC?

Self monitor.

Yes you can...

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes you can...

Can you get an email alert of an alarm activation?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Can you get an email alert of an alarm activation?

There are a couple of ways this can be done & if you have push email that will also give you instant notification on your smart phone.

Advertisement