Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxing a new (to us) van

• 16-04-2012 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi. Just wondering of someone could point me in the right direction please! My partner has recently bought a new van for work and is hoping to tax it as a commercial vehicle. While the van will be used for work, he does not own the company, so what exactly needs to be done to tax it as commercial - or is that possible? He has a DOE cert for the van.
    All advice appreciated - thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

bring the log book and form rf100 to your local tax office (along with insurance cert and doe cert)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

He needs to fill out the "declaration of commercial use" form and get a guard to sign it, then present that to the tax office with the log book, ins cert and doe cert and tax renewal form completed. And then hope the person behind the counter does not ask for more proof of having a business like a Vat return etc. Some do, some don't, depends where you live. Somtimes I get asked for loads of proof, somtimes they ask for feck all. I tax a fair few vans, but it's a bit of a lottery what they ask you for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ju_q

Is the declaration of use form the rf111a? We've had a look a that one, but it asks for an income tax registration number. If he's not a company ownder what does he put there? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

ju_q wrote: »
    Is the declaration of use form the rf111a? We've had a look a that one, but it asks for an income tax registration number. If he's not a company ownder what does he put there? Thanks!
    prsi number and cross the fingers. A fair few lads I know have had to switch to private tax as the tax office has told them to feck off with their prsi no. though.... like I said, bit of a lottery. One lad I know well bought a new commercial(he's in a job), taxed it commercial, and the revenue commissioners rang him up direct to ask what line of business he was in in his spare time and if not, why had he a commercial!! Cue sale of said new commercial pronto. Not pub talk either.

Advertisement