Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Camera Wireless transmitter and receiver

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What's the distance involved and is there a clear line of sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

KoolKid wrote: »
    What's the distance involved and is there a clear line of sight?

About 150m, I could do a near clear line of site ( through one tree ) but I would be hoping to have one that would work through a wall or steel sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 defy2012

How about the night sight effect?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That steel sheet may be a big problem.

That steel sheet may be a big problem.
    I want a camera 100-150m away from my house, any other suggestions?

• Advertisement

Is wiring it out of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

BalingMad wrote: »
    About 150m, I could do a near clear line of site ( through one tree ) but I would be hoping to have one that would work through a wall or steel sheet.

A clear line of sight is not through a tree. The signal could be bouncing all direction with a swaying tree.

Is wiring it out of the question?
    Afraid so

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

@ BallingMad

From the look of the unit you linked, I'd be Amazed if it did the 4,000ft it's claiming, even with no obstructions. The Aerials look poor at best.
    A reliable long distance CCTV Radio Transmitter should use Aerials mounted separately from the unit, usually on an outside wall or at the very least include a waterproof IP rated housing for the transmitter/aerial combo.

Incidentally the Tree is probably going to cause more interference than anything else, they tend to scatter the signal.

If you can wire it, wire it.

Advertisement