Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi walking pole.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I got few sets from LIDL last week,i think they were Rocktrail at around e20 per set.
    Lovely,very touching and lots of options ,resizable,strong and i hope i will give them a long running mileage ! :)

I guess that compared with well known shops selling at 40-50 we get what we pay for !
    Also,on thursday,new trekking boots in ALDI starting from €22...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

johnayo wrote: »
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21438.htm

I know it is only €8, but is any good.

not sure about this years stock, but have used them in previous years and they are top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21438.htm

I know it is only €8, but is any good.

Well, I bought these in Aldi yesterday, and they look and feel fine. Test run coming up over the weekend. Thanks for replies.

i went in one of the shops and saw one broke in two...
    then went to LIDL and saw others with 15% off original price ,at €15 !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I have paid three times the price of aldi walking poles that snapped on the first hike.
    although I prefer last years selection for 8 euro you cannot go far wrong.

• Advertisement

quick Q :
    how many you'll need: one or two per person !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

rolion wrote: »
    quick Q :
    how many you'll need: one or two per person !?

Depends on the person some people only have one , Personally I have two.

I bought two, but for now I am going to use only the one. I'd feel like a plank using 2.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I bought two, but for now I am going to use only the one. I'd feel like a plank using 2.:D

if they save your knees or keep your balance who cares , we all look like planks on the hills with our gear. Its not grafton street you are going up :)

duckysauce wrote: »
    if they save your knees or keep your balance who cares , we all look like planks on the hills with our gear. Its not grafton street you are going up :)

Good man. Point taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I got these and used them on a hike today - have to say they were very good :

http://www.sportsdirect.com/campri-walking-poles-784138

I'm only new to hiking, but found them a God send

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I think they're ok, but a bit heavy. Personally I think two poles are worth more than double a single pole, although it will take a bit of time before you get used to using them.

Advertisement