Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to start studying?And how to!

• 16-04-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year right now and i've not done a whole lot of work although I am a pretty smart student and am aiming for 450+. The problem is everytime I sit down to study, I stop after 10 minutes and do something else. I have literally no motivation. Like at some point in 6th year does it just hit you and you start studying? And other problem is I have to be extremely organized, pretty sure I have OCD when it comes to studying, I spend more time making study planners than I do actually studying! 6 C1's is 420 points so I think my aim of 450+ is very achievable but I need to start knuckling down. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

In 5th year I think it's enough to pay attention in class, do your homework dilligently and make sure you understand all the topics you cover and look over them briefly at home after you do them in school.
    Same goes for 6th Year up to Xmas. Then make a study timetable and ease into study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

You sound exactly like me; ambitious, OCD (everything has to be spotless before I'll study, whereas otherwise I'm a slob), elaborate study plans, and no motivation. Are you also a massive fan of highlighting EVERYTHING? :D Problem is my lc is in a few weeks :p
    There's no real advice anyone can really give you other than to get down to it! There's no need to worry until September though, so don't even dream of studying during the summer, it'll be your last real, guilt-free holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

TheStook wrote: »
    Like at some point in 6th year does it just hit you and you start studying?

No. From experience I can say it does not just hit you. I'll probably waste a year of my life repeating after thinking that last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

TheStook wrote: »
    Like at some point in 6th year does it just hit you and you start studying?

Hasn't hit me yet, and I have less then 2 months till leaving cert

Advertisement