Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anschutz 520 .22lr semi opinions?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I have the chance to pick up one of these from a friend for peanuts. Anyone have an opinion on them or what to look out for in a second hand one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Was told by an elderly chap awhile back that with semi auto rifles you should inspect the shell casing as it comes out make sure it's not crimped or dented. Not cos of reloading but as it might be a sign of a faulty action.

Don't know if there's truth in this though as I've never owned a .22 semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

They are rubbish , but if you are getting it for very small money it might do you for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I agree with rowa. As an Anschutz product you would expect them far better than they are. The few that I've seen in our club were soon off-loaded - usually back to the dealers - at great trouble to the owners with regard to replacement. They are without doubt the lame duck of the rimfire gun world, and if you get a good one it will be the first I've heard of.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

i was almost going to buy one of these but from all the bad reports i heard of them i steered cleared if you must have a semi auto 22 go for a ruger 10-22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Cheers for the replies lads. I wouldn't normally give the rifle a second glance but since it's practically being given away im gonna see how it feeds and groups etc. If it turns out like I'm expecting then I'll pass on it but it can't hurt to take her for a test drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

bravestar wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies lads. I wouldn't normally give the rifle a second glance but since it's practically being given away im gonna see how it feeds and groups etc. If it turns out like I'm expecting then I'll pass on it but it can't hurt to take her for a test drive.

Its not just the way the rifle performs, but parts actually break and fall off the rifle, the last three of them i seen were after being hacksawed into a dozen bits and were in scrap bins in dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

the receivers and stuff are ment to split and crack,look up the anschutz section on rimfire central,theres lots info there

Advertisement