Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone taking their Harleys to this?

• 16-04-2012 11:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭

I passed through Kilbeggan last Saturday on the bike and saw a sign for this outside the place where its held and saw that its on Sunday April 29th which is a big change from September when its usually on!
    The last time I was there they had several Harleys along with other bikes but it is mostly American cars & trucks...............

http://www.maac-ireland.com/maac/index.php?s=8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I went to it last year (or possible the year before). Went with my dad who was on his custom yamaha, I was on the 1200GS, but we were both went into the bike section so got in free!
    Probably worth bringing a little block of wood in case you have to park on soft ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'll definitely be going down on the GSX :D

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'll definitely be going down on the GSX :D

Drive into where the harleys are. If the organisers say anything, tell them it's an american suzuki and it's on display

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

Hope to see you there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Probably worth bringing a little block of wood in case you have to park on soft ground.
    You can buy stands in most bike shops, just stick it under your seat. I got some free at the bike show in the RDS shortly after I bought some , they only cost a couple of Euro. They usually have a lip so the stand can't slide off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

Del2005 wrote: »
    You can buy stands in most bike shops, just stick it under your seat. I got some free at the bike show in the RDS shortly after I bought some , they only cost a couple of Euro. They usually have a lip so the stand can't slide off.

Jam jar lid...

be grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

aurin07 wrote: »
    Jam jar lid...

be grand...

Don't eat jam would any jar lid do?:D Never even thought of that:o though the proper stands have a bigger footprint.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Don't eat jam would any jar lid do?:D Never even thought of that:o though the proper stands have a bigger footprint.

A flattened beer can is just as good.

I just have a bit of wood, about the size and thickness of an iphone. Think I found it in a bin! Works perfect. No need to buy something
    Just leave it in the top box, used it a load of times, definitely one of those things that's handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

KTRIC wrote: »
    A flattened beer can is just as good.

Old rally trick there Ktric ;)

• Advertisement

mongdesade wrote: »
    Old rally trick there Ktric ;)

One doesn't do rallys :cool:

:pac:

Advertisement