Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you sell your sperm?

• 16-04-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

People do this to make some money. I don't think Id like the idea of knowing someone out there has my sperm and who knows what they'll make with it.
    You could have 20 kids and never know for gods sake.
    How do people feel about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

How much are you offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

wait, i can get money for it???

i've been doing it wrong all these years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I would

*awaits flood of pm's from female boardsies who had unsuccessfull IVF*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Im practically giving it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I'm doing a recession busting three for the price of two offer on little Gee Bags.

PM for details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes. But for 50,000 euro per cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

People do this to make some money. I don't think Id like the idea of knowing someone out there has my sperm and who knows what they'll make with it.

Ah? a baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

5 dollar me love you long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You don't just put it in an envelope for goodness sake and ship it off. You have to go to a center and extract it there and then freeze it and seal it away.
    Think you can get about €1000 for a donation:eek:
    Depending on your genetics though. I'd get the full €1000 but a some people may only get €150 and you can just keep donating every weekend either you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

How much for a full mattress?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Cum again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup as soon as gravity kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i just threw out a load of socks so ill get back to you in a few weeks/days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

where do i sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UsernameME

Can you actually do this??

Where are the centres you go to?

UsernameME wrote: »

Yep, Just fill up a bucket and bring it down to your nearest creche.

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How does this work?

Cup, magazine and into the masturbatorium?

ABROAD :rolleyes:

Do you want me to PM you one of them?
    They tend to look like houses and are quite relaxed, that's why you don't realise you've actually seen one.

awec wrote: »
    How does this work?

nearly...cup, girls [2], chocolate moose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

who knows what they'll make with it.
    Y

A baby or a stain

Anyone who wants to sign up to this PM me and I'll give you the rates after some details from the downer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

A cake?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5830947-natural-harvest-a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes

don't you like cake? :(

Domo230 wrote: »
    I would love to sell my sperm, in fact I would offer happily offer it for free providing these services provide me legal protection from someone down the line demanding childcare money from me.

A couple who cannot conceive want's a child and I wan't to spread my genes so everyone wins.
    It's like an affair without the risk of having an angry husband murdering you.

I'm pretty sure most people don't have affairs in order to father children. Do they?

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would love to sell my sperm, in fact I would offer happily offer it for free providing these services provide me legal protection from someone down the line demanding childcare money from me.

A couple who cannot conceive want's a child and I wan't to spread my genes so everyone wins.
    It's like an affair without the risk of having an angry husband murdering you.
    It's like an affair without the angry husband, or the sex....

I;m off to bed but Ill be back tomorrow if anyone else wants to get in touch

Not consciously but that's the purpose of them.

Again, I think you might be mistaken there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

There was a travelling one in the RDS about two weeks ago, another one in Galway last weekend. Full of **** ...the two of them..

The 76th Fine Gael Ard Fheis and labour party ard fheis 2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

beco2010 wrote: »
    where do i sign up
    At the sperm counter

*leaves*

• Advertisement

Anyone who wants to sign up to this PM me and I'll give you the rates after some details from the downer.

donor. I hate grammer nazi's but had to here :rolleyes:

its ok, I kicked myself in the balls to resore balance

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UsernameME

haha

IM0 wrote: »
    ABROAD :rolleyes:

Eh no.

The reason we have the urge to have sex is because it serves the purpose of procreating.

If the purpose of sex is not for us to reproduce then what evolutionary purpose does it serve??? :confused:

Pleasure!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

You don't just put it in an envelope for goodness sake and ship it off. You have to go to a center and extract it there and then freeze it and seal it away.
    Think you can get about €1000 for a donation:eek:
    Depending on your genetics though. I'd get the full €1000 but a some people may only get €150 and you can just keep donating every weekend either you know.

Oh dear god... hundreds of little Teddys running around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Misread the thread title as "would you TELL your sperm", I only opened the thread to see what you were considering telling them. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I would.......but in 20 years time when I'll probably be a dirty old man, chasing women half my age.......chances are the whole daddy/daughter roleplay might be a little too real:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I;m off to bed but Ill be back tomorrow if anyone else wants to get in touch
    I'd imagine that there'll be plenty of touching without any other boardsies getting involved. Let us know how much you make.

Eh no.

The reason we have the urge to have sex is because it serves the purpose of procreating.

If the purpose of sex is not for us to reproduce then what evolutionary purpose does it serve??? :confused:

The purpose of sex is to reproduce. However saying that someone has an affair in order to reproduce isn't correct. The sexual drive may be caused by the biological drive to pass on our genes but the decision to have an affair is based on the person's desire for pleasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

IM0 wrote: »
    awec wrote: »
    How does this work?

nearly...cup, girls [2], chocolate moose
    You want to masturbate into a cup with two girls and a MOOSE??? What kind of kinky **** are you into??!
    Just to clarify you do realise that a moose is a member of the deer family with antlers and what not??

True, but by donating your sperm you gain the true benefits of sex (more specifically an afair because someone else raises the child) without any drawback. The fact that they pay you for it is just gravy on top.

What does who raises the child have to do with whether something is an affair or not. And how can it be an affair if you're not married?

Also - the true benefits of sex? What?

You're funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Billions have died on my bed-sheets, why not let a few live and grant happiness to those revolting enough need it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Genuine question here: If I was to sell my sperm could the woman who uses it and has a child pursue me for child support and be entitled to it from me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

sperm? Redheads need not apply

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2011/0920/1224304403132.html

And on another note Anglo would have made a great sperm bank as it was full of **** there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Doc wrote: »
    Genuine question here: If I was to sell my sperm could the woman who uses it and has a child pursue me for child support and be entitled to it from me?

No on the woman part/child support part, but from country to country the law varies on whether a child is able to seek you out or not, once 16/18 (depending on country).
    In those applicable, the agency or authority in charge will let you know if it's being sought, and you can choose whether or not it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The guy in the film Road Trip had an interesting experience when he went to the sperm bank. "Milking the prostrate" I think she described it as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

€1 each. Last of the choc-ices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont think anyone wants my genes, Male pattern baldness aint sexy or desirable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'd pay someone to take my sperm at the moment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The kids who buy from my jumble sale are in for a surprise!

An affair essentially involves the principle of another male (the provider male) using their resources to raise a child that is genetically not theirs, similar to how sperm donation would work.

No. An affair is when someone sleeps with someone other than their husband/wife. A child being born is not essential for something to be classed as an affair.
    The true benefit of sex is that it allows you to reproduce - The pleasure aspect is just an incentive to get you to do it so your genes don't die out - pleasure is not the true motive for sex. Nothing funny about that, just simple behavioural science.

My point is that while passing on genes is the underlying motive for the human sexual drive it's not the reason people choose to have affairs. By your logic having a child is the motive for masturbation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The true benefit of sex is that it allows you to reproduce - The pleasure aspect is just an incentive to get you to do it so your genes don't die out - pleasure is not the true motive for sex. Nothing funny about that, just simple behavioural science.

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but i prefer the pleasure of sex and dread the reproduction part. I wish you could produce two types of sperm, selectable by a switch or something, one for reproduction and the other for pleasure with the worry of impregnating!

• Advertisement
Advertisement