Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning On Getting a Dog

• 16-04-2012 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi Folks, am looking into getting a dog. Have always had dogs in the house as a kid and always wanted to have one once I left home, but over the last few years have mainly live in an apartment so it would not have been fair on the dog, now I have a house and big garden, i think its good time to get one. Am just looking for peoples advise on best way to go about getting one, I felt that maybe going to the Dog Pound is the best way as maybe I will be saving one Dog. I was told to check out <a rescue> as they do a very good job there with the dogs. Any advice is would be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Alittle more info might help like your working arrangements, what size dog would you take on and how active are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I am out of house between about 8am and 6pm but my wife is there during the day. We would be quite active so the dog would get plenty of walks and excerise. Ideally would like a dog not older than 3 years old. Dogs that i have had previously are goalden retriver, labador and red setter so i guess we would be looking at something similar in size and breed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Since your wife is going to be there for the majority of the time what is her experience with dogs? Would she prefer a small or large dog?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Since your wife is going to be there for the majority of the time what is her experience with dogs? Would she prefer a small or large dog?

She wouldn't have as much experience as me, she only ever had 1 dog when she was younger. She isn't to fussed on size, as long as it wasn't a huge dog, I guess a Labador type size dog is what she would prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

There is a beautiful Red Setter looking for a home :

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002872110638&sk=wall

540651_415148035165189_156318851048110_1573829_1631461030_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

suzi walsh..

wow what a stunning dog.... would love her myself, but hands pretty full with my cocker.... hope she finds her forever home :)

cocker5 wrote: »
    suzi walsh..

wow what a stunning dog.... would love her myself, but hands pretty full with my cocker.... hope she finds her forever home :)

Beautiful dog, my first dog was red setter and this got me thinking about him. Good to see he got a home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371&page=78

Op have a look here there are some lovely lab's looking for a new home.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371&page=78

Op have a look here there are some lovely lab's looking for a new home.

Yes, was looking at that, the wife has already fallen for the Lab/Retriver!!

Advertisement