Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping in Underground Parking

Options
  • 16-04-2012 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

We have visitor car parking that is monitored by the NCPS and they clamp heavily when visitors don't text their details to the Park by Text number. However, can they clamp in the underground car parks? Each apartment is assigned one or two parking spaces and the numbers are on the spaces, there are no permits. There is one handicapped parking spot, beside our parking space, that no one uses. I've seen other residents (with no handicapped parking sticker) park there.

I ask this because I have to park in the handicap spot tonight as we have two cars tonight! Would the NCPS go into the underground and clamp my car as I have no permit?

The only place I see NCPS signs is by the visitor spots. They dont even clamp cars that are parked on the side of the footpath, only in visitor spots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Generally if there is clamping in the development they only need to put a sign at the entrance to the development, doesn't need to be at each individual parking location. You should seek clarification from your management agent on the clamping policy for the development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

athtrasna wrote: »
    Generally if there is clamping in the development they only need to put a sign at the entrance to the development, doesn't need to be at each individual parking location. You should seek clarification from your management agent on the clamping policy for the development.

The signs are from NCPS which states that visitors must text their reg andax stay is 12hours. However they only clamp people parked in visitor spots,I've parked on the footpath beside the visitor spots and never got clamped,but got clamped in the visitor spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Definately seek advise from the management company (get their answer in writing if possible). NCPS are a law unto themselves, and just because they havent made it clear where they will clamp doesnt mean that they wont clamp everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Why woud you not use a visitor spot and use the park by text? It might be the evening when soeone actually as need of the disabled space. The pay by text is rarely more than 50c.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

coco_lola wrote: »
    ... I ask this because I have to park in the handicap spot tonight as we have two cars tonight! ...
    Does having two cars amount to a handicap?

You don't have to park there; you shouldn't park there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm pretty sure that clamping is, still, unregulated so it's probably down to the ground rules they've agreed with your management company.

Advertisement